- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, 2008, Associate Editor, Cardozo Arts and Entertainment Law Journal
- B.A., College of William and Mary, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Alexis Gevanter is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco and New York offices.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Gevanter has extensive experience handling a wide range of labor and employment law claims involving discrimination, harassment, restrictive covenants, trade secrets, traditional labor, and wage and hour issues. She also has expertise managing international labor and employment law matters.
Ms. Gevanter represents employers from start-ups to multi-nationals in litigation, negotiation, and mediation in state and federal court, arbitration, and before administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the National Labor Relations Board. Additionally, she focuses on preventing disputes and minimizing compliance risks by providing advice and counsel, drafting policies, and conducting trainings, internal investigations, and audits.
Prior to law school, Ms. Gevanter served as a legislative aide on Capitol Hill.
- New York Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2015-2016
- Co-Author of “‘LinkedOut’ – Can One’s Critical Business Information Survive the Battle of the Century: Trade Secrets vs. Social Networking and Web 2.0,” ABA National Symposium on Technology in Labor and Employment Law, April 28, 2011
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts