- J.D., Duke University, 2003
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University, 2000
- New York
Anthony Mauriello is a special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Mauriello’s practice covers a broad range of general corporate matters, including counseling public and privately-held companies regarding disclosure and reporting requirements, technology licensing, equity incentives, employee compensation and benefits and the formation of new businesses. Mr. Mauriello also represents clients in a broad range of transactional matters, including public offerings, public and private company mergers and acquisitions, corporate partnering and licensing transactions, spin-offs and venture capital financings. He is counsel to public and private companies in a broad range of industries, with a focus on the life sciences, high-technology, telecommunications, biotechnology and medical products industries.
Mr. Mauriello has an established track record of guiding emerging growth companies from incorporation and early stage financings through strategic exits such as initial public offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
He routinely advises public companies with respect to securities laws and SEC reporting obligations, disclosure issues and corporate governance matters. Representative past and current public company clients include: Deckers Outdoor Corporation, Ligand Pharmaceuticals, MaxLinear, Vital Therapies, Bridgepoint Education, TearLab Corporation, The Outdoor Channel, Response Biomedical, and International Business Machines.
Mr. Mauriello also has extensive experience in public and private financing transactions, representing both companies and investment banking firms, including the following selected representations:
- Multiple undisclosed on-going initial public offerings and follow-on offerings across various industries
- $62 million initial public offering by Vital Therapies
- $35 million follow-on offering of common stock by TearLab Corporation
- $12 follow-on offering of common stock by TearLab Corporation
- $200 million tender offer of common stock by Bridgepoint Education
- $131 million initial public offering of common stock by AeroVironment
- $54 million initial public offering of common stock by Cadence Pharmaceuticals
- $250 million follow-on offering of common stock by BioMed Realty Trust
- CoreValve in its $775 million acquisition by Medtronic
- eyeonics in its acquisition by Bausch & Lomb
- Provide Commerce (proflowers.com) $477 million sale to Liberty Media Corp.
- $500 million convertible note offering by Isis Pharmaceuticals
- Concerro in its sale API Healthcare
- Conerro in its purchase of Res-Q Healthcare Systems
- TearLab in its acquisition of AOAExcel’s OcuHub business
- Tritton Technologies in its $10 million acquisition by Mad Catz Interactive
- International Business Machines in its $3.4 billion acquisition from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP of its consulting arm
- Various companies in over $500 million in venture financings
- San Diego Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth