- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 2008
- B.A., George Washington University, 2005
Brad Leimkuhler is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Leimkuhler currently specializes in defending disability access discrimination claims under both the Americans with Disabilities Act and California state accessibility standards. He has experience in matters ranging from architectural barrier access cases to cutting edge disability access claims involving websites, point of sale systems, and other new media. His experience includes representing several national restaurant chains, retail establishments, and other businesses.
Mr. Leimkuhler also has experience with a wide variety of state and federal complex civil litigation matters, including business torts, environmental issues, real property disputes, intellectual property, insurance coverage, class actions, and white collar defense.
His other representative experience includes:
- Obtaining summary judgment for plaintiff investor in securities fraud case based on violations of state blue sky laws.
- Defense of Fortune 500 company in confidential arbitration concerning claims for trespass, nuisance, and waste.
- Representation of national corporation in litigation involving breach of contract and bad faith by an insurance company.
- Representation of plaintiff collector in several civil fraud suits in state and federal courts.
- Defense of clients against allegations related to wrongful termination, intentional infliction of emotional distress, defamation, and false imprisonment.
- Defense of international restaurant chain in wage and hour class action litigation.
- Representation of bio-tech company in connection with inventorship and breach of licensing claims.
- Defense of client facing possible criminal indictment and asset forfeiture.
Mr. Leimkuhler also has had a dedicated pro bono practice, including representing an environmental non-profit group in a mandamus challenge before the California Court of Appeal and volunteering for the Public Law Center.
Mr. Leimkuhler received his J.D. from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and a member of the Columbia Business Law Review. He earned his B.A. in International Affairs, magna cum laude, from The George Washington University. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Leimkuhler was an associate at Irell & Manella LLP.
- "New ADA Lawsuits Target Website Accessibility," Corporate Counsel, June 5, 2015
- "New Point-Of-Sale ADA Lawsuits," Hospitality Business News, April 21, 2015
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "New Affordable Care Act and Medicaid Regulations Will Require Covered Entities Providing Healthcare Programs and Services to Have Accessible Websites," July 15, 2016