- J.D., George Washington University Law School, Notes Editor, George Washington Law Review, 1990, with honors
- M.A., Fordham University, 2008
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1987, with honors
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Second Circuit
- U.S. District Courts - Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Christopher Collins is a special counsel in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
He has extensive experience representing and advising management clients in a wide range of labor and employment matters including discrimination, sexual harassment, non-competition and compensation disputes.
In addition to advice and counseling, Mr. Collins represents employers in litigation in both state and federal courts, in FINRA arbitrations, before administrative agencies and in mediation.
Labor & Employment Law Blog Posts
- "DOL Proposes to Amend FMLA Definition of “Spouse” to Include Same-Sex Marriages," July 17, 2014
- "Expected Executive Order Protecting LGBT Employees has Implications for Employers," June 23, 2014
- "Court Upholds New Jersey’s Ban on Unemployment Discrimination in Job Advertisements," February 6, 2014
- "NLRB Abandons Fight Over Mandatory Workplace Poster Rule," January 22, 2014
- "New York Unemployment Benefits No Longer Available to Former Employees Receiving Severance," January 10, 2014
- "New York City Now Requires Reasonable Accommodations for Pregnant Workers," October 2, 2013
- "New Jersey Law Now Protects Employees Who Ask Fellow Employees (or Former Employees) for Their Salary Information," September 26, 2013
- "New Jersey Employers May Not "Like" State's New Social Media 'Privacy Settings,'" September 12, 2013
- Grand Hyatt New York, November 5, 2013
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association