- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2011
- M.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2008
- B.A., University of Nebraska, 2002, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington, D.C.
Christine Couvillon is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Group in the firm's Washington D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Couvillon's practice focuses on Government Contracts and False Claims Act litigation. Her experience includes complex litigation in False Claims Act cases in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, litigation of prime- and sub-contractor disputes, claims litigation before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, internal investigations for Office of Foreign Assets Control liability and Medicare and Medicaid overpayments, bid protest actions both challenging and defending agency decisions on contract awards before the Government Accountability Office, and defense of a Notice of Proposed Debarment before the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Ms. Couvillon advises clients on various regulatory and compliance questions, including Intellectual Property rights under Government Contracts, cybersecurity and cyber incident reporting, GSA’s Multiple Award Schedule Program, restrictions on Foreign Military Sales, and employment regulations promulgated by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
In addition to her Government Contracts practice, Ms. Couvillon is assisting the team appointed in 2013 by the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana as the federal monitor over the New Orleans Police Department responsible for reviewing, assessing, and reporting publicly on the NOPD’s compliance with a far-reaching Consent Decree.
Eye On Privacy Blog Posts
- "To Share or Not to Share (with the Government)? That is the Question: DHS Announces Interim Guidelines for Sharing Cyber Threat Indicators," March 1, 2016
False Claims Act Defense Blog Posts
- "You’ve Been Served—What to Do When You Receive an Agency Subpoena or CID (Part I)," September 12, 2016
- "“Beware Greeks Bearing Gifts”: FCA Enforcement Turning to Federal Grants?" February 29, 2016
- "Managed Care Plans: New Targets for Whistleblowers," October 20, 2015
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts
- "To Share or Not to Share (with the Government)? That is the Question: DHS Announces Interim Guidelines for Sharing Cyber Threat Indicators," March 29, 2016
- "It’s (Not) Academic: Cybersecurity Is a Must for Universities and Academic Medical Centers," November 23, 2015
- "Department of Defense Updates Its Instruction for Acquisitions of Software and Weapons Systems," January 22, 2015
- Co-authored chapter, "General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule and Procurement Considerations," Cloud Computing Legal Deskbook, 2014 edition
- WebinarAugust 13, 2015
- Habitat for Humanity Young Professionals of Washington, D.C.
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law
- ABA, Section of Public Contract Law - Young Lawyer's Committee