- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 2011, magna cum laude
- B.A., Marquette University, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
Courtney Ofosu is an associate in the Labor & Employment Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Ofosu’s practice covers a broad-base of employment-related matters, including representing corporate clients in state and federal courts. She has handled matters under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, as well as various state and local discrimination and employment laws, including the Illinois Human Rights Act and the Illinois Whistleblower Act.
Ms. Ofosu has represented employers in both single and multi-plaintiff matters. She also counsels employers on a multitude of human resources issues, including personnel policies, employee handbooks and severance agreements.
Ms. Ofosu also has general commercial litigation experience, with a particular focus in the area consumer financial services litigation, in both state and federal court. Her commercial litigation experience includes breach of contract claims and breach of fiduciary duty actions.
- Ranked Illinois Rising Star, Business Litigation, Super Lawyers, 2014-2015
- Midwest BLSA Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition, Best Petitioner Brief, 2011
- Internal Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition, CALI Award, 2009
- What Organizations Need to Know When Facing Conditional Certification Under Section 216(B) of the FLSAThomas Reuters, August 2016
- Black Women Lawyers’ Association