- J.D., Pepperdine University, 2007, National Order of the Barristers; Pepperdine Moot Court Board Chair; member, National Champion and International semi-finalist team at the 2005 Stetson International Environmental Law Moot Court Competition; member, 1st place oral advocacy team at the 2007 Willem C. Vis (East) International Commercial Arbitration Moot
- B.A., University of Missouri - Columbia, 2003, magna cum laude
- Extern for the Honorable Audrey B. Collins in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
- United States District Court for the Central and Southern Districts of California.
Dan Bane is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Bane’s practice focuses on general business litigation with an emphasis on land use litigation, real estate litigation, business torts/contracts, intellectual property, and litigation involving internet usage. Mr. Bane handles all aspects of litigation, including administrative, trial court, and appellate proceedings in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Bane’s transactional experience includes counseling clients regarding intellectual property rights, environmental compliance issues, water rights, and the reuse of real property.
Mr. Bane’s commercial litigation practice encompasses contract disputes, shareholder derivative actions, unfair business practice claims, real estate disputes, intellectual property disputes, and internet usage.
Currently, Mr. Bane represents a variety of businesses and individuals in both bringing and defending in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters.
Land Use Litigation
Mr. Bane represents a variety of large and small businesses, public agencies, property owners, developers, and other private parties involving compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”) , the National Environmental Policy Act (“NEPA”), the Endangered Species Act, the California Coastal Act, the Cortese-Knox-Hertzberg Act, the Subdivision Map Act, the Mitigation Fee Act, the Ralph M. Brown Act, the California Public Records Act, and other State and local development and environmental regulations.
Mr. Bane also handles matters involving easement disputes and defends property owners in response to eminent domain actions.
- Adapting Planning and Environmental Approaches to Meet the Challenges of an Urban Residential Mixed-Use Strategy for Smart GrowthCalifornia Real Property Journal, July 29, 2009
- Real Property Law Reporter, March 1, 2009
- "Doing Mixed-Use Right By Avoiding The Legal Pitfalls," California Real Estate Journal, Summer 2008.
Climate Change & Clean Technology Law Blog Articles
- "Summary of "Green" Legislation for the 2009 California Legislative Session", December 8, 2009
- "Coordinating Committee for California's Renewable Energy Transmission Initiative Issues Final Report for Phase 2A", September 22, 2009
Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog Articles
- SB 375: Lion or Mouse? Orange County, May 2009
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Mr. Bane served as a member of the City of San Clemente Planning Commission and General Plan Advisory Committee
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers