- J.D., Loyola University Chicago, 1998
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois - Champaign, 1993
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
David Heisey is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in Sheppard Mullin's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Heisey's practice is devoted to the representation of high technology and life sciences clients with extensive experience in patent portfolio development and patent infringement litigation. David also has significant experience in opinion and counseling, due diligence, licensing, and trademark matters.
Mr. Heisey is a registered patent attorney with experience in prosecution of patents in a variety of technologies, including clean energy, computer hardware, software and accessories, medical instruments, semiconductors, combustion engines, superchargers, aerospace applications, catheter systems, contact lenses, intraocular lenses, water purification systems, holography, document security systems, musical instruments, and more.
Mr. Heisey has recently represented clients including Western Digital Corporation, Cool Planet Biofuels, Nextec Applications, Inc., MasterCard International, CODAN US Corporation, Transonic Combustion Corporation, and Clean Energy Fuels Corporation.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Mr. Heisey was associated with the San Diego offices of Luce Forward and Lyon & Lyon. In addition, Mr. Heisey was employed as a Patent Examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Mr. Heisey is an active speaker for TechAmerica and San Diego Inventor's Forum.
- Mr. Heisey has served as a panelist for CrowdPitch events for Funding Universe.
- Member, TechAmerica
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, San Diego Intellectual Property Law Association