Dennis J. SmithTEL: 213.617.5588
333 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Intellectual Property
Dennis J. SmithPrint PDF
Mr. Smith is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Smith is a registered patent attorney and litigator who has handled intellectual property matters including patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret. He has represented clients in patent matters in several U.S. District Courts, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He has represented companies involved in diverse technologies, including DNA sequencing, carbon fiber composite fabrication, cryptography, e-commerce, integrated circuit cards and payment systems, orthotic and bariatric medical devices, optical coatings and thin films, LED technology, fax-to-email technology, IPv6 hardware, video games, software, and nanomaterials.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 2004, articles editor for the Berkeley Technology Law Journal
- B.S., Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, 2000, magna cum laude
- Extern for The Honorable Nora M. Manella in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association, Chair of Judges' Night Committee. Sponsorship Committee 2011-2012.
- The Judge Paul R. Michel Intellectual Property American Inn of Court, team leader
- Inner City Law Center Homeless Veterans Project, volunteer attorney
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- UCLA Alumni Association
- Boalt Alumni Association
Intellectual Property Law Blog Articles