- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2007
- B.A., New York University, 2004
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Central Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Danielle T. Kennedy is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Kennedy practices in the Areas of bankruptcy, business reorganization, workouts and insurance regulatory and commercial litigation. Her bankruptcy practice involves representation of debtors, creditors and purchased of assets in workouts and bankruptcy restructuring.
Ms. Kennedy’s litigation practice includes representation of national and international insurers in contract and business tort cases, regulatory proceedings and ratemaking proceedings. Ms. Kennedy also represents insurers in claims handling compliance, review and settlement.
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. in chapter 11 reorganization in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
Ambac Assurance Corporation in its restructuring and the creation, administration and rehabilitation of a segregated account of certain assets and liabilities
Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas as creditor-indenture trustee of $81.4 million notes in liquidation proceedings of Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc. and its subsidiaries in United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
The Fidelity National Financial, Inc. family of companies in annual and biennial administrative ratemaking proceedings, state court civil actions, appeals of administrative orders and in a multi-jurisdiction stock purchase of non-debtor insurance subsidiaries of LandAmerica Financial Group, Inc.
Zurich American Insurance Company and Zurich American Insurance Company of Illinois in administrative action before the California Department of Insurance
West of England Ship Owners Mutual Insurance Association (Luxembourg) in state civil action and mediation for contribution/subrogation for asbestos-related claims
CompWest Insurance Company in California state and federal court actions regarding federal preemption of California air ambulance fee schedule.
Euler Hermes American Credit Indemnity Company in state court civil actions regarding claims handling
Munich Re and Great Lakes UK in claims handling matters
Bank of the West in analysis of multi-million dollar CDO, CLO and TRUP transactions
Wells Fargo & Company in connection with general litigation matters
General Electric Capital Corporation in connection with hotel financing transactions
Pro Bono Representations
Representing a disabled client in an appeal of a denial of Social Security Disability Insurance and benefits
Assisting military attorneys with research issue via the America Bar Association’s Military Pro Bono program
Unlawful Detainer defendant in settlement of action before San Francisco Superior Court
Adoptive parent in adoption proceedings in Los Angeles County Family Court
Nepali political advocate in asylum application before U.S. Immigration Court
Participated in research and monitoring of copycat legislation of recently enacted immigration statutes in Arizona on behalf of the Mexican Consulate
- Co-author, "Lehman Brothers Green-Lights the Payment of Committee Members' Professional Fees," The Bankruptcy Strategist, April 2013
- Contributing author, "CDOs Are Less Bankruptcy Remote than You Thought," The Bankruptcy Strategist, January 2012
- Contributing author, "Sections 548 and 550: Recent Developments In The Law of Fraudulent Transfers And Recoveries," 2006 Norton's Year in Review
- Contributing author, "Collecting D&O Insurance Proceeds," The Bankruptcy Strategist, August 30, 2005
Finance & Bankruptcy Law Blog Posts
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Bay Area Bankruptcy Forum
- Membership Committee Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, San Francisco Ballet ENCORE
- Member, San Francisco Symphony Symphonix
- Member, San Francisco Opera Bravo!