- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2006, Moot Court Honor Society
- B.A., Duke University, 2000
- New York
Damani C. Sims is an associate in the Litigation Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Sims represents corporations, healthcare providers, and individuals in connection with government investigations, qui tam actions, and contract disputes in federal and state courts.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Mr. Sims briefly served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roanne L. Mann, Chief Magistrate Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. Immediately preceding that clerkship, Mr. Sims was a law clerk for the Honorable Dora L. Irizarry, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Before clerking, Mr. Sims served as an Assistant District Attorney for almost nine years in the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office, prosecuting financial crimes, and later, hate crimes and police integrity matters as the Deputy Chief of the Civil Rights Bureau.
- New York City Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- New York County Lawyer’s Association
- Federal Bar Council
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.