- J.D., Benjamin Cardozo Law School, Yeshiva University, 2009
- B.S., The College of New Jersey, 2006, magna cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Danielle Vrabie is an associate in the Litigation Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Danielle Vrabie represents corporations, financial institutions, healthcare providers, and individuals in connection with government investigations, internal audits, and complex litigation in federal and state courts.
Ms. Vrabie has extensive experience representing corporations and individuals in governmental investigations and litigation for alleged fraud and violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, and other federal statutes. She has assisted boards of directors and committees of boards in conducting internal corporate investigations related to fraud, employee misconduct, and whistleblower complaints.
Ms. Vrabie also has experience litigating a wide range of employment matters, including cases involving the misappropriation of trade secrets, the enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, disability discrimination, gender discrimination, wrongful termination, and violation of labor laws.
Additionally, her practice involves the representation of companies in a variety of industries involved in complex business and contract disputes. She is a co-author of the “Excuses Doctrine” chapter in Commercial Contracts: Strategies for Drafting and Negotiating, Second Edition (2015).
Ms. Vrabie was recently recognized for the third consecutive year by The Legal Aid Society for her outstanding pro bono service.
While in law school, Ms. Vrabie was named an Alexander Fellow, allowing her the opportunity to work as a student judicial clerk to the Honorable Kimba M. Wood, Chief Judge of the Southern District of New York. She also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Dora L. Irizarry in the Eastern District of New York.
- Pro Bono Publico Award, Legal Aid Society, 2013-2015
False Claims Act
- Representation of a large health maintenance organization alleged to have violated the Federal False Claims Act and New York False Claims Act in connection with the Medicaid and Medicare program.
- Representation of leading aerospace manufacturing company in False Claims Act suit relating to parts certification for airplanes flown by the Department of Defense.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical company in connection with a government investigation into allegations of Anti-Kickback Statute violations.
- Representation of senior analyst at major international investment firm in insider trading investigation.
- Representation of a global healthcare company in Federal suit and arbitration proceedings where former employees sought change-in-control benefits exceeding $15 million.
- Representation of a leading aerospace manufacturing company in trade secrets misappropriation suit against its former employee who secretly agreed to join a direct competitor.
Complex Contract Litigation
- Representation of a medical device company in connection with a breach of contract claim against a private equity firm regarding the exercise of certain stock rights.
- Representation of a technology start-up in connection with a breach of contract suit brought by its data supplier.