- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2006, Best Oral Advocate in Appellate Advocacy
- B.S., Santa Clara University, 2002
- Law Clerk in the Office of the Prosecutor, International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (The Hague, Netherlands)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
Elia DeLuca is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. DeLuca represents employers in a broad range of labor and employment matters. She has successfully litigated disputes involving claims for harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, wage and hour violations and whistleblower claims. Ms. DeLuca has defended employers in both individual and class action lawsuits in state and federal court as well as before various administrative agencies.
An important focus of Ms. DeLuca's practice is advising employers on how to avoid problems in the workplace. She counsels clients on issues such as employment contracts, wage and hour compliance, leave policies, handbooks, adverse employment actions and the development of workplace policies and procedures.
- Best Oral Advocate, Appellate Advocacy, 2004
- Northern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2013
Labor & Employment Law Blog Articles
- "The Laws and Politics of Social Injustice," University of California, Berkeley, October 22, 2009
- State Bar of California
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, San Francisco Bar Association