The law guarantees the right to privacy to every employee. Every day, employers risk violating their employees' privacy rights by, for example, handling medical records or personnel files, discussing employee discipline, providing a letter of reference, monitoring employee internet/e-mail usage, announcing employee terminations and implementing drug testing or medical clearance procedures. Sheppard Mullin's Labor and Employment attorneys have defended employers on issues arising out of all types of defamation and invasion of privacy claims, in both state and federal courts.
- Daily Journal Names Thomas Kaufman, Tracey Kennedy, and Richard Simmons Top Labor & Employment AttorneysDaily Journal, July 20, 2016
- Tracey Kennedy, Richard Simmons, and Jonathan Stoler Recognized on The Nation's Most Powerful Employment Attorneys ListLawdragon, June 15, 2016
- Tracey Kennedy, Richard Simmons and Jonathan Stoler Recognized on The Nation's Most Powerful Employment Attorneys ListLawdragon/Human Resource Executive, June 16, 2015
- Tracey Kennedy, Jill Pietrini, Nancy Scull, and Pamela Westhoff Recognized as "Top Women Lawyers" by Daily JournalDaily Journal, May 13, 2015
- Employment Relations Today, April 2015
- Westlaw Journal Employment, October 23, 2013