- J.D., University of Michigan, 1986
- B.A., Dartmouth College, 1983
Frank Falzetta is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Falzetta specializes in insurance-related litigation, class actions and antitrust and unfair competition claims. Over the past 28 years, he has defended insurers in state and federal courts throughout the country involving claims for breach of contract, bad faith, fraud, tortious interference with business relations, unfair business practices, and violations of state and federal antitrust laws. Most recently, Mr. Falzetta has defended a series of class actions brought against insurers for alleged breaches of policy provisions, violations of state insurance statutes and regulations, and antitrust violations. He also represents both commercial and personal lines insurers in high exposure bad faith cases and complex coverage litigation.
Professional Qualifications and Activities
Mr. Falzetta has received an AV® rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating an attorney can receive for legal quality and ethics. Mr. Falzetta also is listed in Best’s Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys. He was recognized as a “Super Lawyer” in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 by Los Angeles Magazine, and a California "Litigation Star" by Benchmark Litigation in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
Mr. Falzetta is admitted to practice in all State Courts in California, the Federal District Courts for the Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California, the Federal District Court for the District of Arizona, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Mr. Falzetta maintains memberships in the American Bar Association (Antitrust Section), State Bar of California (Litigation Section), the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and the California Association of Business Trial Lawyers.
- Charles J. Vacanti, M.D., Inc. v. State Comp. Ins. Fund, 24 Cal.4th 800 (2001)
- Regional Steel Corporation v. Liberty Surplus Insurance Corp., 2014 DJDAR 7543 (2014)
- Advanced Network, Inc. v. Peerless Ins. Co., 190 Cal.App.4th 1054 (2010)
- Koszdin v. State Compensation Ins. Fund, 186 Cal.App.4th 480 (2010)
- State Compensation Insurance Fund v. Superior Court, 91 Cal.App.4th 1080 (2001)
- Scheffield Medical Group, Inc. v. Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, 70 Cal.App.4th 868 (1999)
- Cal. Shock Trauma Air Rescue v. State Fund, et al., 636 F.3d 538 (9th Cir. 2011)
- Winstead v. State Farm Mutual Auto. Ins. Co. (United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Case No. 14-35364) (2016)
- Perez v. State Farm Mutual Auto. Ins. Co., et al., (United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Case No. 13-16450) (2016)
- Copelan v. Infinity Ins. Co., 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 82847 (C.D. Cal. June 14, 2016)
- Littleton v. State Farm Mutual Auto. Ins. Co., 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 82847 (W.D. Ark. Jan. 8, 2015)
- Ramos v. Liberty Mutual Fire Ins. Co., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 124784 (D. Nev. Sept. 3, 2014)
- Dlugitch v. Liberty Mutual Fire Ins. Co., 2014 WL 1870818 (C.D. Cal. April 22, 2014)
- Moore v. Safeco Insurance Company of America (United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Case No. 12-56459) (2013)
- Safeco Insurance Company of America v. Thomas, (2013 WL 12123852) (2013)
- Golden Eagle Insurance Corporation v. Lemoore Real Estate and Property Management, Inc. (California Court of Appeal, Fifth Appellate District, Case No. 2nd Civil No. F061735) (2012)
- Kolhase v. Safeco Insurance Company of America (Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal, Case No. 11-55138) (2012)
- Henstorf v. Wellpoint Health Networks, Blue Cross of California, State Compensation Insurance Fund, (California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, Case No. B210943) (2009)
- Bristol Hotels & Resorts, et al. v. American Home Assurance, et al., (California Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District) (2002)