- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 1984, graduated fifth in his class, Order of the Coif
- B.A., University of California, Davis, 1977, with honors
- Externed for the Honorable Gordon Thompson, Jr., U.S. District Court Judge, in San Diego during 1983
Guy Halgren is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Diego office and is Chairman of the firm's Executive Committee. Since Mr. Halgren became Chairman in 2001, Sheppard Mullin has grown strategically to meet the needs of its clients. Under his leadership, the Firm has opened offices in Beijing, Brussels, Century City, Chicago, London, New York, North County San Diego, Palo Alto, Seoul, Shanghai and Washington, D.C.
Areas of Practice
Although Mr. Halgren devotes most of his time to serving as the Firm's Chairman, he continues to practice as a Labor and Employment Partner. He has a special expertise in defending employers in wage and hour class actions.
- Law Firm Leader of the Year, Daily Journal, 2011
- Innovative Managing Partner, Law360, 2010
- Managing Partner A-List, Los Angeles Daily Journal, June 24, 2009
- The Daily Transcript, San Diego's 2009 "Top Influentials"
- Legal 500 US, Employment Law Counseling, 2007
- Southern California Super Lawyer, 2007-2014
- May 15, 2000
- Daily Journal, March 20, 2013
- Featuring Chairman of the Firm Guy HalgrenDaily Journal, February 9, 2011
- Sheppard Mullin's HalgrenLaw360, June 18, 2010
- Featuring Chairman of the Firm Guy HalgrenLos Angeles Daily Journal, June 24, 2009
- The Recorder, June 17, 2009
- Los Angeles Daily Journal, June 10, 2009
- San Diego Transcript, December 31, 2008
- February 21, 2005
- Past Chair, Committee on Employment Law, Wage and Hour Subcommittee, National Retail Federation
- Past consultant, Continuing Education for the Bar publication "Handling a Wrongful Termination Action"
- Past Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, California State Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, San Diego County Bar Association