John R. BonnTEL: 978.594.0170
333 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
John R. BonnPrint PDF
John R. Bonn is a partner in the Corporate Tax Group of the Tax, Employee Benefits and Estate Planning Practice Group. Mr. Bonn is based in his office in Massachusetts and is affiliated with the Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. offices of the firm.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Bonn's areas of specialization include tax and business law relating to mergers and acquisitions, formation and operation of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, and executive compensation and employment agreements.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1976
- Graduate Program, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs
- A.B., Princeton University, 1972
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Tax Court
- The Best Lawyers in America, every edition
- Southern California Super Lawyer, 2009-2013
- Which Lawyer?, Tax, Practical Law Company, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
- Member, Tax and Business Law Sections, American Bar Association
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Selective Summary of Tax Reconciliation Bill as of May 11, 2006, May 11, 2006
- California LLC Fee Unconstitutional; Filing Protective Claim for Refund, April 11, 2006
- It's Time to Establish a Deferred Compensation Insurance Plan, August 16, 2005
- New Tax Benefits Available for Film and Television Producers in the United States, October 29, 2004
- Two-volume treatise entitled "Partnership Taxation," published in September 1987 by Callaghan & Co. (now West Group)
Bankruptcy & Restructuring Law Blog Articles
- "Tax Relief For Investment, Restructuring, Refinancing And Other Business Activity", February 13, 2009
Corporate Securities Law Blog Articles
- "City of Los Angeles Tax Penalty Amnesty Program", May 27, 2009
- "Dealing With Troubled Companies - Does Purchasing Assets Avoid Seller Liabilities?", January 8, 2009
Government Contracts Law Blog Articles
- "Terrorism and Taxes - Proposed FAR Rule Imposes 2% Tax on Foreign Offers to Fund 9/11 Relief Fund," March 16, 2012
- Frequent speaker for the American Bar Association, California State Bar, California Continuing Education of the Bar, and other professional organizations, including the Bureau of National Affairs, New York University School of Continuing Education, and the University of Southern California Institute on Major Tax Planning.
- Served as an adjunct professor of law at the University of San Diego School of Law.