- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1978, Associate Editor of the Industrial Relations Law Journal
- B.A., Claremont McKenna College, 1975, magna cum laude
- University of Heidelberg, Germany
James J. Mittermiller is Of Counsel in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's San Diego office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Mittermiller has a broad-based business litigation practice, which includes intellectual property, unfair competition, financial institution litigation, lender liability, corporate and partnership disputes, and antitrust.
Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Mittermiller joined the Los Angeles office of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton. He is one of the founding members of the firm's San Diego office.
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in the World
Mr. Mittermiller has defended dozens of class actions, and has obtained favorable resolutions through denial of class certification, settlement, and victory through summary judgment motion and trial.
- Board of Governors, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Subcommittee Co-Chair, Corporate Counsel Committee of the ABA Litigation Section
- Executive Committee, Prejudgment Remedies Section of the L.A. County Bar Association
- Barrister, American Inns of Court
- Board of Directors (Past President), Legal Aid Society of San Diego
- Board of Directors, La Jolla YMCA