Jon W. NewbyTEL: 310.228.3737
1901 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- International Practice
- Technology Transactions
Jon W. NewbyPrint PDF
Jon Newby is the Vice-Chairman of Sheppard Mullin and Co-Leader of the Corporate Practice Group. He has been practicing with the firm since 1986 and is based in the Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Newby represents public and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, financings, including private placements and venture and private equity financings, and general corporate matters, including with respect to the structuring and implementation of joint ventures and strategic alliances. Mr. Newby's clients range from large public to emerging growth companies in a variety of industries, including technology, life sciences, construction products, food and beverage, manufacturing and consumer products. Mr. Newby also represents equity sponsors, investment banks and other institutional firms.
- J.D, Harvard University, 1986, cum laude
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1983, summa cum laude
Mergers and acquisitions of both private and public companies
Numerous private equity transactions
In-bound and out-bound cross-border transactions
Distressed company M&A transactions, including in bankruptcies
Redemptions, dissolutions and other "corporate divorces"
Numerous private placements of equity and debt securities, including venture capital transactions
Joint venture(s) and strategic alliances
- Member, American Bar Association (Business Section)
- Member, State Bar of California (Business Section)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (Business Section)
- Dealmakers Who Get Deals Done, December 19, 2003
- Mr. Newby is a frequent lecturer on mergers and acquisitions as well as other corporate transactions.
- The State of the M&A Market for Private Equity Transactions 2012, June 26, 2012, Finding Value in a Rising Market
- Imperial Capital Consumer Summit, October 14, 2009
- 2009 ACG Los Angeles Business Conference, September 15, 2009, Growth Strategies - M&A - Finance