- J.D., Loyola Law School, 2009, cum laude, Order of the Coif, St. Thomas More Law Honor Society
- B.A., The Ohio State University, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
John C. Russell is an associate in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Russell is a commercial law and restructuring attorney that specializes in the negotiation, documentation and structuring of financial transactions, workouts, restructurings and bankruptcies. He has substantial experience representing lenders, agents, participants, private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers in debt financing transactions, including personal and real property secured syndicated loan transactions and asset-based loan transactions.
Mr. Russell has provided financing and restructuring counsel to lenders and borrowers in a number of industries, including apparel, energy, food and beverage, gaming, healthcare, hospitality, insurance, manufacturing, media and entertainment, retail and technology.
- Lloyd Tevis Award in Commercial Law, Loyola Law School, 2009
- Jeffrey S. Turner Outstanding Commercial Law Student Award, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section, 2008
- Represented renewable energy developers in connection with construction loan facilities for the construction of new renewable energy facilities in California and Hawaii.
- Represented renewable energy developers in connection with permanent financing facilities for renewable energy projects in California and Hawaii.
- Represented a leading financier of distributed generation renewable energy projects for the debt and tax equity financing of a portfolio of solar power projects in California, Hawaii and New Jersey, including negotiation of tax equity financing agreements review of PPA and EPC Agreements.
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section
- Member, Financial Lawyers Conference