- J.D., Georgetown University, 2008
- MSc, Biomedical Ethics and Health Law, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, U.K., Wolfson Centre for Medical Education, with honors
- B.A., University of Maryland, 2003, summa cum laude
- Admitted in New York
- Admitted in District of Columbia
- Not admitted in California
Kim Le is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Kim Le represents a diverse range of healthcare industry clients, including hospitals, medical groups, managed care organizations, biotechnology and device companies, skilled nursing facilities, home health providers, clinical laboratories, and pharmaceutical manufacturers/distributors.
Ms. Le provides clients with comprehensive health regulatory and compliance counseling, including fraud and abuse laws (the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, and the False Claims Act); health information privacy and security compliance (HIPAA and HITECH); corporate practice of medicine; Medicare/Medicaid enrollment and reimbursement issues; licensing, certification, and accreditation; telemedicine, mobile medicine, and e-health; FDA medical device regulation; and health care information technology. She works closely with clients to develop and implement health care compliance programs and navigate the precedential challenges presented by health care reform. Further, Ms. Le uses deep regulatory knowledge to structure complex, cutting-edge alignment strategies, including population health management models and risk-sharing arrangements.
Additionally, Ms. Le advises clients in corporate and transactional matters, providing analyses of the health regulatory requirements and risks related to mergers, acquisitions, sales, and joint ventures. Ms. Le regularly advises investors and companies on multijurisdictional business strategy and implementation matters specific to healthcare entities, including formation, corporate governance, and operational issues. She uses her extensive corporate experience to trouble-shoot obstacles, bringing challenging projects to bear.
“U.S. Supreme Court Finds Tolling Doctrine Inapplicable to Medicare PRRB Appeals,” Jan. 23, 2013, American Health Lawyers Association: Regulation, Accreditation, and Payment Practice Group
“Joint Commission Announces Behavioral Health Home Certification Option,” May 16, 2013, American Health Lawyers Association: Accreditation, Certification, and Enrollment Affinity Group
OIG Issues 2014 Work Plan: Significant New Hospital Focus Areas; Prescription Drug Audits," February 2014, Health Care Alert
"The RACs Are Back," February 2014, Health Care Alert
"CMS Reforms RAC; Providers Remain Skeptical," February 2014, Health Care Alert
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- “Negotiating Physician Employment Contracts: Key Strategies,” Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Division of General Surgery
- “U.S. Healthcare Regulations: What Foreign Healthcare IT Companies Need to Know,” Consulate General of Canada, Canadian Technology Accelerator, May 12, 2014
- “Gold Rush: Data Mining in False Claims,” Navigant Webinar, August 24, 2012
- “District Health Benefits Exchange (HBX): A Capitol Debate,” Healthcare Technology Network of Greater Washington, June 21, 2012