- J.D., American University Washington College of Law, 2012, cum laude, Executive Editor, Administrative Law Review
- B.A., University of Florida, 2006
- Law Clerk, Department of the Treasury, United States Mint
- District of Columbia
Keeley McCarty is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. McCarty’s practice focuses on government contracts litigation and counseling, including contract termination appeals, litigation and arbitration of subcontractor disputes, and internal investigations. Ms. McCarty has counseled clients on a broad range of legal topics, including FAR mandatory disclosure rules, title passage under government contracts, and corporate compliance with the FCPA, FCA, and lobbying laws. She has practiced before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, Superior Court of the District of Columbia, and other state courts.
Ms. McCarty’s interests include public-private partnerships, U.S. currency, and Japanese language and culture.
- Co-Author, The ASBCA’s Raytheon Decision: Expressly Unallowable Cost, Directly Associated Cost, and Performance Restricted Stock, 104 F.C.R. 1088, Oct. 27, 2015.
- Co-Author, Chapter 4: Discovery of Documents and Things and Entry on Premises, in Discovery Deskbook for Construction Disputes, 2nd ed., 2015.
- Flip the Coin to the Fed: The Dysfunctional Relationship Among the Federal Reserve System, Congress, and the United States Mint, 64 Admin. L. Rev. 315, 2012.
Government Contracts and Investigations Blog Posts
- Pushback on P3s, ABA Section of Public Contract Law, State & Local Procurement Division Meeting, Feb. 28, 2014.
- American Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division (Public Contract Law Committee Chair 2014-2015), Section of Public Contract Law
- Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association