- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1997, Associate Editor, California Law Review
- B.S., Brigham Young University, 1992, magna cum laude
Mr. Shuldberg is a partner in the Corporate Securities practice group and the Office Managing Partner in the firm's Del Mar Heights office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Shuldberg has a corporate and securities law practice with a focus on general corporate counseling, venture capital, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, strategic collaborations and licensing transactions, and restructurings. He has represented clients in transactions ranging start-up financings to large public offerings and M&A transactions. He maintains a special focus on the life sciences, medical device and clean technology industries and has counseled companies in such other diverse industries as digital entertainment, software, Internet, telecommunications and wireless technologies. He has extensive experience advising private and public companies with respect to strategic capital-raising transactions and has advised on hundreds of financing transactions. Mr. Shuldberg represents several of California’s most prominent venture capital funds, as well as prominent venture capital funds from Europe and Asia, in their investments in life sciences, clean technology and technology companies.
His life sciences, medical device and clean technology engagements include companies that operate in the following areas: biofuels, biopharmaceuticals, discovery informatics, drug discovery tools and services, energy storage, genetic research kits, injectable products for dermatology and plastic surgery, molecular diagnostics, personalized diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, proteomics, resorbable coronary stents, and stem cell research.
Prior to entering law school, Mr. Shuldberg was a Senior Accountant at KPMG Peat Marwick.
- Legal 500, Healthcare: Life Sciences, 2013
- Adventrx Pharmaceuticals
- Benchmark Capital
- BB Biotech (Bellevue Asset Management)
- Enterprise Partners
- Forward Ventures
- Helicon Therapeutics
- JAFCO Life Sciences
- Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Lifevantage Corporation
- Mission Ventures
- Prism Ventureworks
- REVA Medical
- Technology Partners
- Tracon Pharmaceuticals
- Represented Celula in its Series B-1 preferred stock financing.
- Represented JAFCO and Nextech Ventures as lead investors in the Series A preferred stock financing of Tracon Pharmaceuticals
- Represented Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in its investment in the Series B preferred stock financing of Kovio
- Represented Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in its investment in the Series B preferred stock financing of Mcube
- Represented Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in its investment in the Series C preferred stock financing of Alta Devices
- Mr. Shuldberg speaks regularly on topics of interest to emerging company executives and investors
- State Bar of California
- Steering Committee, Life Sciences Venture Capital Network BIOCOM San Diego