- J.D., State University of New York - Buffalo Law School, 1989
- M.A., Harvard University, 1990
- B.A., Haverford College, 1986
- New York
Mr. Yood is a partner in the Corporate practice group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Yood represents a wide range of healthcare providers and healthcare companies, including specialty and general acute hospitals (including local district, nonprofit and for-profit facilities), home health agencies, pharmaceutical vendors, nursing facilities, and health information and management providers.
Ken has experience in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and certification, state licensing, and federal regulatory compliance.
Additionally, he counsels clients on physician referral law limitations, state and federal fraud and abuse issues, and state and federal false claims and program fraud matters.
Ken helps clients both establish and operate health care compliance programs. He has developed corporate compliance programs designed to identify Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and certification issues, licensing and federal regulatory compliance matters, fraud and abuse issues, as well other regulatory compliance matters. He has assisted clients in both internal and external investigations of health care facilities and has experience in advising clients on disclosure and reporting obligations and strategies under the various federal and state false claims laws.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2005-2013)
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Legal 500, 2010, 2011, 2013
- Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers, 2011-2014
- Southern California Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2011-2014
- "The Baucus Health Bill – A Mixed Bag for Drug Makers?" Corporate Compliance Insights, January 18, 2010
- "Caution, Scrutiny Ahead: Physician-Hospital Collaboration Drawing More Regulatory Attention," Modern Healthcare, May 5, 2006
Healthcare Law Blog Articles
- "Dual Eligibles Coordinated Care Demonstration postponed to July 2013," September 17, 2012
- "Accountable Care Organizations: Payment Options for ACOs Pursuant to the Proposed Rule," May 24, 2011
- Proposed Rule: Legal Structure and Governance of ACOS, April 12, 2011
- "CMS Releases Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol for Stark Violations," November 29, 2010
- "OIG Releases Fiscal Year 2011 Work Plan," November 29, 2010
- "CFO Roundtable: The Sunshine Act," Hardesty LLC, June 18, 2013
- "Governmental Disclosure: The Ins and Outs and Ups and Downs," Physician Practice Compliance Conference, Health Care Compliance Association, October 2006
- "Fraud and Abuse in the Pharmaceutical Industry," OIG Update, 2005
- “Fraud and Abuse in the Pharmaceutical Industry,” Best Practices for Using Health Care Professionals as Consultants, 2004
- "The Medicare Modernization Act: Medicare Part B," Los Angeles County Bar Association, Healthcare Section, 2004
- "The Medicare Modernization Act: A General Review," California Society of Healthcare Attorneys, Annual Meeting, 2004
- “Managed Care Contracting and Corporate Compliance," Council of Ethical Organizations, 2003
- "The Basics of Managed Care Contracting," American Health Lawyers Association, Hospitals and Health Systems Conference, 2002
- "The Other Side of Compliance: Disclosure," Healthcare Financial Management Association, 2001
- "Risk Sharing, Gainsharing and Incentive Design: What Can Providers Do Now?," American Health Lawyers Association, Institute on Medicare and Medicaid Payment Issues, 2000 and 2001
- "Compliance Programs: Minimizing Risks in an Era of Increasing Enforcement," Healthcare Financial Management Association, 2000
- Vice Chair, Healthcare Facility Operations Interest Group, 2013-2014
- American Health Lawyers Association