- J.D., University of California, Davis, 2011
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 2008
Ms. Lewis is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Palo Alto office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Lewis’ practice focuses on advising public and private companies in a broad range of corporate transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, corporate governance, SEC reporting, entity formation, venture capital financings, and general corporate matters.
Private Company Financing Transactions
- Represented a venture capital firm in its investment in the $14.5 million Series D Preferred Stock financing of an open source CRM software provider.
- Represented a venture capital firm in its investment in the $54 million Series D Preferred Stock financing of a provider of social customer experience management.
- Represented strategic investor in connection with its limited partnership investment in a leading Silicon Valley-based venture capital fund.
- Represented the creator of a real-time job skills trading platform in its $1.7 million Series Seed Preferred Stock financing with investments from venture capital firms and angel investors.
- Represented the maker of internet and mobile casino/arcade style games and a virtual currency game platform in its acquisition by IGT (NYSE:IGT), a leading provider of computerized gaming equipment, software, and network systems.
- Represented a producer of lasers, receivers, and custom products in its acquisition by Hisense, a Chinese electronics manufacturer.
Capital Markets – Debt/Equity Offerings
- Represented CHC Helicopter S.A. in connection with its registered exchange offer of $200 million in 9.250% senior notes due 2020 for a like amount of notes issued in private placement transactions pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S.
Advised public company clients on compliance matters under the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and stock exchange listing rules. Representative clients include Electro Rent Corporation (NASDAQ: ELRC), Tree.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE), CHC Helicopter, CBRE (NYSE: CBG) and Advanced Cell Technology Company (NASDAQ: ACTC).
- Law360, January 20, 2012
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Applying a Legal Bandaid to Defective Acts: Delaware Law Creates New Procedures to Ratify Defective Corporate Acts," March 26, 2014
- "SEC Brings Charges Against SEC Registered Investment Adviser for Improperly Allocating Expenses and Other Violations of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 (the “Advisers Act”)," March 25, 2014
- "Crowdfunding Moves Forward: The SEC Issues Proposed Rules on Crowdfunding," October 30, 2013
- "Rules Eliminating the Prohibition on General Solicitation for Rule 506 and Rule 144A Offerings Become Effective September 23, 2013," August 1, 2013
- "SEC Eliminates the Prohibition on General Solicitation for Rule 506 and Rule 144A Offerings," July 12, 2013
- "FTC Proposes Amendments To The Hart-Scott-Rodino Rules Regarding Withdrawal Of A Premerger Notification Filing," February 8, 2013
- "New IRS Regulations Regarding Noncompensatory Partnership Options Effective Immediately," February 7, 2013
- "Navigating the SEC's Recent Conflict Minerals Rules: Threading the Needle Through Complex Controls and Procedures and Complying with New Disclosure Requirements," September 21, 2012
- "At Long Last, A Divided SEC Publishes Proposals To Enable General Solicitation And Advertising For Regulation D And Rule 144A, But Further Delays Effectiveness," September 5, 2012
- "SEC Adopts Dodd-Frank Rules Regarding Conflict Minerals and Payments by Resource Extraction Issuers and Defers Rules for Implementation of JOBS Act Elimination of Ban on General Solicitation until August 29," August 22, 2012
Executive Compensation Law Blog Posts
- "At Long Last: SEC Proposes New Rules to Compel Disclosure of CEO Pay as Ratio to Median Employee Pay," September 23, 2013
Healthcare Law Blog Posts