Laura L. ChapmanTEL: 415.774.3215
Four Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
Laura L. ChapmanPrint PDF
Ms. Laura Chapman is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Chapman has extensive experience handling, managing and litigating multi-party intellectual property, breach of contract, business fraud, unfair competition, trade secret, non-compete, employee, and customer solicitation cases. She advises clients on intellectual property disputes and clearance matters, drawing on experience as a seasoned litigator to minimize exposure.
Ms. Chapman is currently lead counsel on numerous patent, trademark, and copyright actions pending in different district courts throughout the U.S. Her recent work includes:
- Obtained summary judgment on a significant false advertising case.
- Successful defense of an international retailer and twelve suppliers in a case alleging trademark infringement in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California that settled on favorable terms several days before trial in January of 2012.
- Successfully made an emergency motion to stay a preliminary injunction issued by the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California one day after the court granted the injunction pending appeal the day after the submission of the emergency motion, permitting sales of the subject product to continue the week before Christmas. The case settled two weeks later on favorable terms.
- J.D., University of Southern California, 1993
- B.A., Smith College, 1986
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals