- J.D., Pepperdine University, 2004, cum laude
- M.P.H., University of California, Los Angeles, 2001
- B.A., Texas Tech University, 1999, magna cum laude
Lynsey Mitchel is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Century City office and is a member of the firm's healthcare practice team.
Areas of Practice
Lynsey represents hospitals, medical staffs, managed care organizations, medical groups, medical device retailers and other health care entities and providers.
Lynsey's practice is focused on licensing and other regulatory compliance matters, business transactions, peer review and credentialing, patient privacy issues including HIPAA and HITECH Act compliance and managed care, including California's Knox-Keene law, as well as Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and certification. In addition, she counsels clients on state and federal fraud and abuse and physician referral issues.
- Co-Author with Mark A. Kadzielski, "An Analysis of the New Federal Patient Safety Law and Final Rule," Vol. 11, Journal of Health Care Compliance, 2009
- Co-Author with Dayna Nicholson, "A Medical Error Happened: Now What? The Implications for Medical Errors Heat Up,"Vol. 10, Journal of Health Care Compliance, 2008
- Co-Author with Abbie Maliniak, "Overview of the Current State of HIPAA Enforcement," Vol. 19, Managed Care Outlook, 2006
Healthcare Law Blog Articles
- "Accountable Care Organizations: Payment Options for ACOs Pursuant to the Proposed Rule," May 24, 2011
- Proposed Rule: Legal Structure and Governance of ACOS, April 12, 2011
- "California's Department of Managed Health Care Announces ACOs Should Expect Licensure Requirement," January 26, 2011
- "CMS Releases Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol for Stark Violations," November 29, 2010
- "OIG Releases Fiscal Year 2011 Work Plan," November 29, 2010
- California State Bar, Executive Committee Member of the Health Law Committee, Business Law Section (2010–Present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Health Law Section, Executive Committee (2007-2010)
- American Health Lawyers Association