- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2014, cum laude, Managing Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal, CALI Award Winner
- B.A., Roanoke College, 2008
- District of Columbia
Melinda Biancuzzo is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations, and International Trade Group in the Washington, DC office of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter, & Hampton. Her experience includes assisting government contractors with False Claims Act investigations, Contract Disputes Act litigation before the Court of Federal Claims, and bid protests before the United States Government Accountability Office. She also assists companies on matters related to cost accounting standards, cybersecurity compliance and risk assessments, prime-subcontractor disputes, teaming agreements, and M&A due diligence. Additionally, Ms. Biancuzzo’s experience on the business side of government contracts is extensive. Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, she worked as a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) for a multi-billion dollar government contractor. In that capacity, Ms. Biancuzzo managed on-site personnel, negotiated subcontract agreements, monitored contract compliance and performance, and liaised directly with the federal contract management team.
In her spare time, Ms. Biancuzzo is an adjunct professor at Georgetown University Law Center, where she teaches a course on Project Management for Lawyers. She is also an editor of the 2016 Thomson Reuter’s Cloud Computing Legal Deskbook, an annual publication addressing cloud computing issues and solutions for commercial and government end users and suppliers, and the author of chapters addressing cloud computing project management and general government contracting issues in the cloud.
- “Cloud Computing Project Management,” Cloud Computing Legal Deskbook, Thomson Reuters, 2015 and 2016 eds.
- “General Government Contracting Issues in the Cloud,” Cloud Computing Legal Deskbook, Thomson Reuters, 2015 and 2016 eds.
- "Information Technology Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs)," GSA Schedule Handbook, 2015-2016 ed.
- "What Dispute Systems Design Can Learn from Project Management," Harvard Negotiation Journal, July 2015
- "The 'Lawfare' of Forum Non Conveniens: Suits by Foreigners in U.S. Courts for Air Accidents Occurring Abroad," Journal of Air Law & Commerce, Spring 2013
- "A 'Right without a Remedy': An Analysis of the Sovereign Immunity Issues Implicated by State Power (or the Lack Thereof) over Immigration following Arizona v. United States," Georgetown Immigration Law Journal, Spring 2012
- Cloud Computing Legal Deskbook, Thomson Reuters, 2015 and 2016 eds.
FCC Law Blog Posts
- "Government Forces Awaken: The Rise of Cyber Regulators in 2016," December 30, 2015
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts
- "Foggy on the Cloud?" September 21, 2015
- "Shopping for the Cloud Made Easy – GSA’s Special Item Number Project for Cloud Computing and Request for Comments," November 21, 2014
- November 2015
- Member, American Bar Association's Sections of Public Contract Law and Administrative Law
- Member, Project Management Institute