- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 2010, Executive Board Member, The John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law
- B.A., Creighton University, 2000
- Intern, The Honorable Wayne R. Andersen, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Jan.-May 2007)
- New York
Michael Driscoll is an associate in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
After completing law school, Mr. Driscoll was appointed to a position directly from law school via the Attorney General’s Honors Program. From 2010-2015, Mr. Driscoll served as a Trial Attorney in the Office of the U.S. Trustee for the U.S. Department of Justice (SDNY). During his tenure, he represented the U.S. Trustee’s office in over 150 Chapter 11 cases by ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations during all phases of bankruptcy cases.
Prior to law school, Mr. Driscoll was an active and reserve officer in the U.S. Marine Corps. He served two tours in Iraq and received two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals as well as a Combat Action Ribbon. He was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps as a Major.
- Recent Developments in Section 507 – Priorities, Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law (Aug. 2016)
- Recent Developments in Section 507 – Priorities, Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law (Aug. 2015)
- “(M)” is for Mootness: Statutory Mootness Under Section 363(m), 23 Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice 6 (Dec. 2014)
- Recent Developments in Section 507 – Priorities, Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law (Aug. 2014)
- In re Lively: The Narrow View Emerges as the Majority Approach to the Absolute Priority Rule in Individual Chapter 11 Cases, American Bankruptcy Institute Consumer Committee Newsletter (Oct. 2013)
- Will YouTube Sail into the DMCA’s Safe Harbor or Sink for Internet Piracy?, 6 John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law 550 (2007), reprinted in Copyright Piracy: Issues & Implications (ICFAI Univ. Press 2009)
- Thoughts Regarding the Company-Level Intelligence Cell, Marine Corps Gazette (Jun. 2009) (co-author)
- Reserve Scout/Sniper Company, Marine Corps Gazette (Sept. 2009)
Finance and Bankruptcy Law Blog Posts
- "Supreme Court Holds That “Actual Fraud” Under Section 523(a)(2)(A) of the Bankruptcy Code May Include Fraudulent Transfers That Occur Without False Representations" June 21, 2016