Breakfast With Your Finance & Bankruptcy Lawyers
Labor Liability and The Financially Troubled Company
Join us for a discussion of perennial issues and recent developments in bankruptcy law and labor issues attendant to corporate reorganizations and liquidations, including:
- issues related to successor liability and/or the ability to buy assets free and clear in connection with respect labor and employment claims and liabilities when assets are sold to a third party under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code;
- addressing FINRA arbitrations against and bankruptcy filings by recently terminated executives;
- discrimination against employees who have filed for bankruptcy;
- discussion of WARN Act actions and liability for debtor entities; and
- the effect of Stern v. Marshall on state based labor and employment causes of action in the bankruptcy context.
September 12, 2013
7:45 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Sheppard Mullin New York
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
This 1.5 hour complimentary seminar will be presented by:
- Malani Cademartori, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Eric Raphan, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.5 credit hour which may be applied toward the Areas of Professional Practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of New York approved MCLE provider.