Executive Compensation and Stock Options: Implementing a Stock Incentive Plan for Employees
Monthly Emerging Company Webinar Series
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. (PST)
Please note this month's webinar will be held on October 21.
Please join Sheppard Mullin for our monthly Emerging Company Webinar Series educating entrepreneurs and emerging companies on the key legal issues they face during the growth of their companies. These complimentary 1-hour webinars are held through WebEx on the third Thursday of the month at noon. They will have both an audio and PowerPoint component.
Stock Options and Other Equity Compensation Arrangements for Start-Up Companies: Start-up companies have unique needs and issues related to implementing stock option and other equity compensation incentive arrangements for the company's employees and key service providers. This interdisciplinary presentation will highlight some of the many important tax, legal and accounting elements, including:
- Reasons to implement a stock incentive plan
- Types and features of equity compensation awards
- Key terms for the stock incentive plan and award agreements
- Common traps and pitfalls in operating a stock incentive plan
- Tax code section 409A and the significance of fair market valuation
- Rule 701, securities law compliance and income tax/financial accounting consequences
- Other administration issues including IRS rules on ISO annual reporting
Greg Schick, Partner, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
Questions? Contact Casey Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org.