- J.D., University of St. Thomas School of Law, 2012
- B.A., University of California, Irvine, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Nancy Ly is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Ly counsels clients with respect to trademark and copyright matters and is experienced in trademark clearance, trademark prosecution, licensing, enforcement, and policing, as well as Internet law matters before federal district courts and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and defends clients against claims of infringement.
“Advertising on Social Media: How to Avoid Legal Problems,” Law360, September 18, 2014
“Protect a Distinctive Website With Trade Dress Law,” Law360, March 31, 2014
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
- "Parent Company Furnishes Cancellation of Subsidiary’s Trademark Registration," July 28, 2016
- "Warren Distribution, Inc. v. Royal Purple, LLC – What’s in a Name?" January 25, 2016
- "The Urock Network, LLC v. Umberto Sulpasso – Claim Preclusion Rocked Cancellation," December 16, 2015
- "In re Allegiance Staffing – The Rare “Any Other Established Fact”," November 30, 2015
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section