- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, Scholastic Excellence Awards in Wills and Trusts and Advanced Copyright Seminar, Dean's List
- B.A., Pepperdine University
Paul Bost is an associate in the firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
- 2011 Man of the Year Runner-Up, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Los Angeles Chapter
- Fifty-Six Hope Road Music Limited v. A.V.E.L.A., Inc. – Successfully obtained jury verdict on Lanham Act false endorsement claim for client, the heirs of Bob Marley, against defendant for its unauthorized use of Bob Marley's image on clothing and other merchandise.
- Summit Entertainment, LLC v. B.B. Dakota, Inc. – Successfully obtained summary judgment for client, the producer of the Twilight motion pictures, on claims of trademark infringement, false endorsement, and copyright infringement against clothing manufacturer for its use of the TWILIGHT trademark and movie artwork in conjunction with one of its products.
- Bath & Body Works Brand Management, Inc. v. Summit Entertainment, LLC – Successfully defeated summary judgment motion filed by declaratory judgment plaintiff claiming non-infringement of client’s Twilight series of motion pictures by plaintiff’s brand TWILIGHT WOODS.
- Summit Entertainment, LLC v. Topics Entertainment, Inc. – Successfully obtained preliminary injunction of infringing motion picture.
- Matheu v. Wood – Defended musician and painter Ron Wood against allegations of copyright infringement.
- Summit Entertainment, LLC v. Preferred Fragrance, Inc. – Obtained judgment for client against seller of infringing fragrance products.
- RCRV, Inc. v. Express, Inc. – Defended national clothing retailer and clothing designer against allegations of trademark infringement.
- Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. v. Yagoozon, Inc. – Obtained settlement, including stipulated judgment with permanent injunction, on behalf of client against online seller of infringing merchandise.
Mr. Bost has been counsel of record on a number of cases that have been the subject of reported decisions, including:
- Bath & Body Works Brand Management, Inc. v. Summit Entertainment, LLC, 7 F. Supp.3d 385 (S.D.N.Y. 2014) (summary judgment denied in favor of client Summit Entertainment, LLC)
- Fifty-Six Hope Road Music, Ltd. v. A.V.E.L.A., Inc., 915 F. Supp.2d 1179 (D. Nev. 2013) (client Fifty-Six Hope Road Music, Ltd. awarded attorneys’ fees on Lanham Act claims)
- Summit Entertainment, LLC v. B.B. Dakota, Inc., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 151582 (C.D. Cal. Nov. 21, 2011) (summary judgment granted in favor of client Summit Entertainment, LLC on claims for trademark infringement, false designation of origin, unfair competition, and copyright infringement)
- Fifty-Six Hope Road Music, Ltd. v. A.V.E.L.A., Inc., 688 F. Supp. 2d 1148 (D. Nev. 2010) (client Fifty-Six Hope Road Music, Ltd.’s Lanham Act claims based on infringement of Bob Marley’s identity and persona upheld)
- Persona Rights on Trial: Inside the Nevada Litigation by Bob Marley's Heirs Against the Unauthorized Use of Marley's Image, Entertainment Law & Finance, March 2011
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
- "Warren Distribution, Inc. v. Royal Purple, LLC – What’s in a Name?" January 25, 2016
- "Summary of Recent Precedential Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Decisions," October 13, 2015
- "Summary of recent Precedential Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Decisions," September 29, 2015
- "Summary of Recent Precedential Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Decisions," September 15, 2015
- "Summary of Recent Precedential Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Decisions," June 2, 2015
- "Are Circuit Courts of Appeal Split as to the Preclusive Impact Accorded to Prior Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Decisions?" January 27, 2014
- "Kraft v. Cracker Barrel: A Summary of Judge Posner’s Opinion and an Alternative Reverse Confusion Theory of Liability," December 2, 2013
- "False Endorsement by Bob Marley and Issue Preclusion Based Upon TTAB Decisions," SoCal IP Institute, March 30, 2015
- Chair, Copyright and Trademark Committee – Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association
- ELIPS – Entertainment Law and Intellectual Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association