- Jonathan F. Atzen
- Jeralin Cardoso
- Sean Crowe
- Jeffrey S. Gardner
- John J. Hentrich
- Sewon Kang
- Molly K. Lateiner
- Jennifer Lee
- William T. Manierre
- Peter M. Menard
- James A. Mercer III
- Linda Giunta Michaelson
- Kerry A. O'Neill
- James F. Ritter
- Jason R. Schendel
- Adam Shipley
- Kirt W. Shuldberg
- John D. Tishler
Global Capital Markets
Our capital markets lawyers practice from all eight major legal markets in California, as well as New York, Washington, D.C., Europe and Asia.
To be effective participants in the capital markets, our attorneys are deeply embedded in the communities where they practice and the industries where they focus, with the bench strength, regulatory depth and geographic scope of a global platform.
Our lawyers participate in every stage of capital formation, from seed financing, to growth equity capital, to hybrid and mezzanine financings, to the public markets, and from the public markets to leveraged finance and private equity.
With the benefit of deep regulatory expertise, industry knowledge, intimate familiarity with our clients and their constituencies, we help our clients rapidly execute opportunities when the market windows are open, assess and mitigate risks and maximize returns.
We offer practical, commercial and creative solutions for large-cap, mid-cap and small cap companies navigating the public markets.
Our lawyers have been recognized by leading industry guides for their expertise in both equity and debt capital markets transactions.
Representative Equity Capital Transactions
- Representing LegalZoom.com, Inc. in its proposed $120 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented RealD Inc. (NYSE: RLD) in its $230 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange, and a subsequent follow-on secondary offering of an additional $250 million (2010).
- Represented OpenTable, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPEN) in its $200 million all secondary offering (2009).
- Represented Med BioGene Inc. (TSV: MBI) in its proposed $30 million initial public offering as a foreign private issuer on the Nasdaq Stock Market (2010).
- Represented Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE: BPI) in its $142 million Initial Public Offering (2009).
- Represented Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (Nasdaq: CLNE) in its $120 million Initial Public Offering.
- Represented JAMDAT Mobile Inc. (Nasdaq: JMDT) in its $102 million Initial Public Offering and subsequent $680 million merger with Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS)
- Represented Fastclick, Inc. (Nasdaq: FSTC) in its $70 million Initial Public Offering. (Acquired by ValueClick)
- Represented People Support, Inc. (Nasdaq: PSPT) in its $48 million Initial Public Offering. (Merged with Aegis Ltd.)
Representative Debt Capital Transactions
- Represented CHC Helicopter S.A. in an SEC-registered exchange offer for $1.1 billion aggregate principal amount of registered senior secured notes due 2020 for outstanding notes issued in private placement (2011-2012).
- Represented Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. (formerly Liz Claiborne Inc.), in its private placement of $150 million aggregate principal amount of senior secured notes (2012).
- Represented MMI Technologies in its $300 million private placement of senior secured notes (2012).
- Represented Liz Claiborne Inc. in a $205 million private placement of senior secured notes (2011).
- Represented Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) in its $850 million Public Debt Offering and its concurrent $1.9 billion tender offer of outstanding debt (2010).
- Represented RadNet (NASDAQ: RDNT) in its $545 million debt refinancing and high yield note issuance (2010).
- BofA Merrill Lynch
- CAI International
- CBRE Group, Inc.
- CHC Helicopter S.A.
- Credit Suisse
- Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. (formerly Liz Claiborne Inc.)
- LegalZoom.com, Inc.
- Open Table, Inc.
- RadNet, Inc.
- Raymond James
- RealD Inc.
- Union Bank
- US Bank
- Initial Public Offerings
- Registered Public Offerings, Universal Shelves, Takedowns
- Rule 144A Offerings
- PIPEs and and Other Private Placements
- Regulation S Offerings and Other Foreign Securities Transactions
- Debt Exchanges
- High-Yield Debt Offerings
- Investment-Grade Debt Offerings
- Spin-Offs and Other Carve-Out Transactions
- Thirty-Four Sheppard Mullin Attorneys Ranked as Chambers' Leading Lawyers, 2012
- Sheppard Mullin Nominated for "M&A Deal of the Year" at IFLR Asia Awards 2012
- Fifty-One Sheppard Mullin Attorneys Recognized as 'Southern California Super Lawyers 2012'
- Sheppard Mullin Receives "Taking Private 2011 Deal of the Year" Award by China Business Law Journal
- Sheppard Mullin Attorneys Named "New York Super Lawyers 2011" and "New York Rising Stars 2011"
- Twenty-Three Sheppard Mullin Attorneys Recognized as 'Northern California Super Lawyers 2011'
- Chambers & Partners Ranks Sheppard Mullin In 2011
- Forty-Four Sheppard Mullin Attorneys Recognized as 'Southern California Super Lawyers 2011'
- Chambers & Partners Ranks Sheppard Mullin In 2010