Rena AndohTEL: 212.634.3092
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
- Labor and Employment
- Intellectual Property
- International Practice
- White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigations
Rena AndohPrint PDF
Ms. Rena Andoh is an associate in the Business Trials Practice Group in the firm's New York office. She is also a member of the firm's Electronic Discovery Group and Technology Committee.
Area of Practice
Ms. Andoh has a broad-ranging litigation practice. Ms. Andoh has substantial trial and arbitration hearing experience, including acting as lead counsel/first chair in complex commercial matters. Subject matter litigated at the trial and appellate levels includes complex commercial, contract, intellectual property (including patent and copyright), trade secret/non-compete, employment, products liability, auditor defense, antitrust, securities, class action, insurance recovery, legal malpractice, fraud, art provenance and ownership, interpleader, and clawback actions. In addition, she has experience with whistleblower claimants, internal investigations, and investigations by government agencies. Ms. Andoh has represented clients in the entertainment, financial, manufacturing, technology and pharmaceutical industries, among others.
Ms. Andoh has extensive experience litigating in many state and federal jurisdictions, and has a particular expertise litigating in the Commercial Division of the New York State Supreme Court system. Ms. Andoh has additionally litigated matters before many international and domestic arbitration forums, including AAA (and the ICDR), JAMS, FINRA, and the ICC.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Ms. Andoh was a professional violist.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2003
- B.M., University of Michigan, 1995
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- "International Arbitration Update: Choosing A Forum In Disputes Arising Out Of India," The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, November 2013
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Articles
- "Second Circuit Rules That Putative Auction Rate Securities Class Action Complaints Failed to Adequately Plead Antitrust Conspiracy," March 13, 2013
- "The Second Circuit Finds No Section 16(b) Violation Where Different Securities of the Same Issuer Are Bought and Sold," January 10, 2012
New York Commercial Division Round Up Blog Articles
- “So You’re Saying There’s A Chance…”: Yellowstone Injunctions Alive and Well in the Commercial Division," October 29, 2013
- "New York Court of Appeals Upholds Broad Choice of New York Law Provision in Contract Even in Absence of Contacts With New York," January 28, 2013
- "First Department Affirms Commercial Division Ruling That Facts Arising After Litigation Commences Cannot Save An Otherwise Deficient Claim," November 7, 2012
- "Buyer Beware: Court Decision Highlights Importance of Performing Careful Diligence," September 10, 2012
- "Court of Appeals Clarifies Standard for Unjust Enrichment," July 16, 2012
- "Court of Appeals Affirms Commercial Division Ruling Stating Creditors of SIV-Lites Have No Cause of Action for Breach of Fiduciary Duty and Tortious Interference Without a Contract," July 16, 2012