- J.D., University of California - Los Angeles, 1990
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1983
- U. S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
Rebecca Edelson is a partner in the Intellectual Property and Litigation Practice Groups in the firm's Los Angeles (Century City) office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Edelson’s practice emphasizes intellectual property, unfair competition, and injunctions. She has broad experience in all phases of state and federal litigation, including pre-trial development, discovery and motion practice, trials, writs, and appeals. She also counsels businesses on protecting their proprietary rights and information outside of the litigation context.
Ms. Edelson is a recognized expert in trade secret law and is a co-editor and an author of the treatise, Trade Secret Litigation and Protection in California, published by the State Bar of California. She also contributed to an English language handbook on trade secret litigation in the United States created for the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China. Ms. Edelson routinely publishes articles and speaks on trade secret issues.
Ms. Edelson has represented clients in connection with diverse industries, including the entertainment, retail, fashion, financial, medical technology, biotech, computer, database, toy, jewelry, industrial equipment, lighting technology, and travel and leisure industries.
Ms. Edelson served from 2015-2016 on the Board of Directors for the Century City Chamber of Commerce. She also served as the 2004-2005 Chair of the Executive Committee of the Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of California, and is a past chair of its trade secrets and grants subcommittees. She continues to volunteer her time to organize educational programs for the Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of California.
Ms. Edelson has been selected for inclusion in editions of Who’s Who of American Women and Who’s Who in American Law.
Her pro bono work on behalf of various organizations includes litigation as well as lobbying on behalf of a proposed city ordinance which she helped draft.
- Recipient, Century City Chamber of Commerce’s Women of Achievement Award - Law, 2004
- Co-Editor and Contributing Author of Treatise, "Trade Secret Litigation and Protection in California," Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of California, November 2014
- "People Will Talk: Protecting Trade Secrets in the World of Social Media," Corporate Counsel, November 18, 2010
- "Best Kept Secrets: Handling Confidential Employee Information," Los Angeles Daily Journal, July 30, 2009
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
- Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of CaliforniaNovember 2014
- Law360, June 2, 2016
- “Hot Topics in Trade Secret Law,” State Bar of California, July 14, 2015
- "Trade Secrets of Trade Secrets," 38th Annual IP Institute of the State Bar of California, November 7, 2013
- "Litigating the Trade Secret Case," Bridgeport Continuing Education, May 17, 2013
- Panelist, "Obtaining Injunctive Relief in Trade Secret Cases," 37th Annual IP Institute of the State Bar of California, November 8, 2012
- “Why Every Lawyer Should Know More About Trade Secret Law," 36th Annual IP Institute of the State Bar of California, November 12, 2011
- Member, Board of Directors, Century City Chamber of Commerce, 2015-2016
- Member, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, 2005-2009 (served as Vice Chair of Intellectual Property Section and Member of Diversity Committee)
- Chair, Executive Committee, Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of California, 2004-2005