- J.D., Fordham University, 1990
- B.S., Cornell University, 1987
- New York
Ron Holland is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office and co-chairs the Firm's Traditional Labor Law Team.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Holland's practice focuses exclusively on representing management in employment discrimination, wage and hour and traditional labor law matters. As an experienced litigator, Mr. Holland focuses on helping employers prevent employee-related problems before they become lawsuits through counseling and training.
Within employment law, Mr. Holland focuses on employment discrimination and wrongful termination litigation including sexual harassment, representing clients before various state and federal courts and administrative agencies. In addition, Mr. Holland has defended employers in wage and hour class actions in both state and federal court, including claims involving missed meal and break periods, misclassification of employees, improper record keeping, and unlawful deductions from employee pay. Mr. Holland works closely with Human Resource professionals to ensure clients' compliance with applicable state and federal labor laws including discrimination, wrongful termination and other statutory and contractual obligations. Mr. Holland has been recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in America from 2010-2015.
Mr. Holland's practice also includes representing clients in union negotiations, organizing campaigns and unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board. He has been involved in over 100 union organizing campaigns, numerous labor arbitration cases and collective bargaining negotiations. The Labor Relations Institute named Mr. Holland to the Top 100 Labor Attorneys in the United States in 2006-2013.
- Listed as one of the Top One Hundred Labor Attorneys in the United States for 2006-2015 and has been recognized by the Labor Relations Institute. Inclusion on the list represents the top one percent of labor attorneys in the country.
- Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers, 2010-2015
- Labor & Employment, Legal 500, 2012-2014
- "Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling May Support Challenges to Validity of California Meal and Rest Break Regulations As Applied to the Trucking Industry," Littler ASAP, March 2009
- "Union Issues in the Solid Waste Industry," National Solid Wastes Management Association, September 2005
- "A Transfer of Employment Does Not Necessarily Constitute A 'Mass Layoff' Under California WARN," Littler ASAP, December 2005
- "Employer Reporting Requirements under the LMRDA," Littler ASAP, December 2005
- Swift Drivers Seek To Dodge Wage Claim ArbitrationLaw360, May 9, 2011
- Daily Journal, February 9, 2011
- Spring 2015 Seminar SeriesMay 19, 2015
- Fall 2014 Seminar Series - San FranciscoOctober 21, 2014
- Spring 2014 Seminar SeriesApril 23, 2014
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco, March 21, 2012
- Labor & Employment Law Update Fall 2011Hyatt Regency San Francisco, September 8, 2011