- J.D., Columbia Law School University, 2004, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Editor of the National Black Law Journal
- B.A., Brown University, 1996, with honors
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Ms. Robyn Young is an attorney in the Finance & Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Young represents companies and foreign and domestic financial institutions in the establishment of credit facilities, structured financings, repurchase agreement programs, swaps and derivatives, acquisition financings and financings involving receivables, collateralized debt, bond and loan obligations, total return swaps and other structured derivative programs. Ms. Young also advises financial institutions on bank regulatory matters as well as securities laws applicable to banks and securities firms and their affiliates, including broker-dealer affiliates, under the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Federal Reserve Act, the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
Ms. Young has experience in mergers and acquisitions for both public and private companies and in transactions involving equipment leasing companies. Ms. Young also has experience advising companies on matters relating to securities compliance and corporate governance.
Prior to Sheppard Mullin, Ms. Young was an associate at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, where she mainly worked on mergers & acquisitions, private equity and securities matters.
Bankruptcy & Restructuring Law Blog Posts
- "Bankruptcy Court Allows General Growth's 'Bankruptcy-Remote,'" September 10, 2009
- Sheppard Mullin Represents Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc.San Diego Business Journal, May 26, 2014