Shon E. GluskyTEL: 212.634.3060
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
Shon E. GluskyPrint PDF
Mr. Glusky is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office. He is chair of the Firm's private equity group and co-chair of lateral partner recruiting for the New York office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Glusky focuses his practice on private equity, mergers and acquisitions, debt restructurings, and venture capital. He has completed over one hundred venture capital financing transactions. He has represented clients in transactions ranging from start-up financings to billion-dollar acquisitions and has counseled companies in diverse industries such as software, Internet infrastructure, applications and services, telecommunications, wireless technologies, biotechnology, manufacturing, medical devices, healthcare, and transportation.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 1998, with distinction
- B.A., Binghamton University, 1995
- New York
Private Equity and Venture Capital Transactions
- Represented The Retirement Systems of Alabama in its $240 million private equity investment in US Airways Group Inc.
- Represented Littlejohn & Co. in connection with the acquisition of Cosmetic Essence, Inc. and Synventive Molding Solutions
- Represented Littlejohn & Co. in connection with its investments in Installed Building Products and Gulf Coast Shipyard Group
- Represented numerous venture capital funds (with a particular focus on technology and biotechnology), including Rho Ventures, InterWest Partners, Signet Healthcare Partners, Venrock Partners, TVM Capital, NGN Capital, Cardinal Partners, NLV Partners, Sycamore Ventures and Visionaria Venture Capital LLC, in venture capital investments
- Represented numerous issuers of private equity and debt securities (with a particular focus on technology and biotechnology)
- Represented strategic investors in their private equity investments, including America Online Inc., American Express Travel Related Services Company Inc. and United Business Media Group Limited
- Represented Warburg Pincus LLC in its acquisition of Brandywine Senior Care Inc.
- Represented Investcorp International Inc. in its private equity investment in Eicon Networks Corporation
- Represented Deutsche Bank AG in its financing arrangements with ACE Aviation Holdings Inc. (Air Canada)
- Represented New American Therapeutics in its issuance of equity securities to Deerfield Capital Management
- Represented Triax Pharmaceuticals in its $179 million debt and private equity financing
- Represented Deutsche Bank AG in its proposed private equity investment in Stelco Inc.
- Represented Cigna Corporation in its private equity investment in K&F Industries Holdings
- Represented Fursa Alternative Strategies LLC (f/k/a Mellon HBV Alternative Strategies LLC) in various private equity investments, acquisitions, dispositions and fund-related issues
- Represented Apax Partners in its acquisition of Plexus Systems Inc.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Broder Bros. in the acquisition of Imprints Wholesale, Inc.
- Represented Universal Semiconductor Inc. in its sale of Avnet, Inc.
- Represented IntraLinks Inc. in its sale to TA Associates
- Represented Pathlight Technology Inc. in its sale to Advanced Digital Information Corporation
- Represented Investcorp International Inc. in the acquisition of a business division of Intel Corporation (through a portfolio company)
- Represented America Online Inc. in its acquisition of Tegic Communications Inc.
- Represented America Online Inc. in its acquisition of Obongo Inc.
- Represent Dialogic in its merger with Veraz Networks, Inc.
- Represented Dialogic Corporation in its acquisition of Cantata Technology Inc. through its acquisition of EAS Group Inc.
- Represented Triax Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of certain drug products from Ferndale Laboratories
- Represented Smart Drug Systems Inc. in its sale to Virbac Corporation
Debt Restructuring Transactions
- Represented the bondholders in the $541 million debt restructuring of Bankruptcy Management Solutions
- Represented The Retirement Systems of Alabama in its $500 million debtor-in-possession loan to US Airways Group Inc. and its $75 million participation in the $1 billion American Transportation Stabilization Board guaranteed loan to US Airways Inc.
- Represented The Retirement Systems of Alabama in its $437 million loan to Alabama River Group Inc
- Represented the Bondholders’ Committee of Russell-Stanley Holdings Inc. in a successful exchange offer for new bonds and equity securities
- Represented the Bondholders’ Committee of Simcala Inc. in a successful exchange offer for new bonds and equity securities
- Sheppard Mullin Adds Bingham Corporate Partner, Law360, March 16, 2011
- Moderator, The VC Roadmap, New York Venture Summit, June 28, 2012
- Speaker, Corporate Venture Capital: Opportunity or Risk?, Columbia Business School - Alumni Club of New York, March 6, 2012
- Moderator, multiple venture capital investing panels, Funding Post (2009, 2010)
- Moderator, On Your Terms: Negotiating a Successful Term Sheet, New York Venture Summit (2007)