Steven H. WinickTEL: 415.774.2970
Four Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
Steven H. WinickPrint PDF
Steven H. Winick is a partner in the Litigation Department in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Winick's principal areas of practice are commercial litigation and appellate law, including banking litigation, professional malpractice, securities litigation contract disputes, unfair competition, and trade secrets litigation.
- J.D., Northwestern University, 1992, Note & Comment Editor, Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1986, with distinction
Defended national bank in consumer class action relating to bank's privacy policies.
Defended regional bank against allegations of civil racketeering violations.
Defended regional bank against consumer class action regarding bank's collateral policies.
Defending majority shareholders agains takeover attempt by minority shareholders.
Defending Fortune 500 company in complex contract dispute by former customer.
Representing regional real estate developer in contract litigation against former joint venture partner.
Defended national bank in complex contract action relating to terminated loan.
Defended public company in securities fraud class action.
Defended national accounting firms in various lawsuits involving allegations of malpractice and securities fraud.
Represented national bank in action against former employee for trade secret misappropriation.
Representing company and majority shareholder against fraud claims by investor.
Defended company in trade secret litigation against former employee.
Represented national brokerage firms in various unfair competition lawsuits involving allegations of trade secret misappropriation.
Represented national bank against former customer for fraud.
Defended various securities brokerage firms and registered representatives in arbitration proceedings.
Defended national newspaper publisher against antitrust claims arising from closing competing newspaper.
Represented bankruptcy trustee in numerous fraudulent conveyance and proforma actions.
Represented national securities firm in complex contract dispute, obtaining $12.5 million judgment.
Defended regional real estate development company in class action involving 150-unit housing development.
Represented franchise in lawsuit against national franchisor engaged in unfair business practices.
Represented Bay Area cab company in unfair competition lawsuit against competitor relating to provision of workers' compensation services.
Defended regional bank against consumer class action regarding bank's collatteral policies.
Represented national leasing firm in complex contract dispute.
Represented numerous clients pro bono through Bar Association's Homeless Advocacy Project.
- Member, Litigation Section, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, Barristers Club of San Francisco
- Chairman, Federal Courts Committee, 1997
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Former Member, Edward J. McFetridge American Inn of Court Former Coach, Wiley Manuel Moot Court Competition
- Chairman, Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Greater Bay Area Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Author, "An Overview of Damages in Securities Litigation," American Law Institute/American Bar Association publication, 1995
- Author, "An Overview of Damages in Securities Litigation," American Law Institute/American Bar Association publication, 1994
- Author, "The Semiconductor Chip Protection Act: A Warrior Without a Battle," American Conference Institute publication, 1995