- J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2011, cum laude; Senior Notes Editor, Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly; Member, Moot Court Program; Hastings Moot Court Student Coach of the Year, 2011
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2007, with honors, Order of Omega
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Sarah Kagan is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Kagan specializes in business litigation. She represents clients in a variety of business disputes and against claims of fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties and unfair business practices. Ms. Kagan has experience in all stages of litigation, from filing and responding to complaints to conducting discovery to handling dispositive motions, mediations, judgment enforcement and appellate practice.
Outside the firm, Ms. Kagan is on the Advisory Council for the City Scholars Foundation, an organization that trains non-profit executives to lead effective and sustainable organizations which help low-income youth stay in school.
- Obscenity on the Internet: Nationalizing the Standard to Protect Individual Rights, 38 Hastings Const. L.Q. 233 (2010).
Class Action Defense Strategy Law Blog Posts