Tyler E. BakerTEL: 212.634.3048
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
Tyler E. BakerPrint PDF
Mr. Baker is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's New York office. His practice encompasses intellectual property matters.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Baker has experience in all areas of the litigation process in business and commercial disputes involving breach of contract claims, fraud claims, trade secrets, trademark and copyright infringement claims, false advertising claims, and art ownership and acquisition claims.
He also handles registration and prosecution of client trademarks before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and has experience with matters before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
His transactional work includes technology transactions focusing on licensing and distribution arrangements, as well as assets transactions and product development collaborations. He has experience with confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, research arrangements and other similar agreements.
While in law school, Mr. Baker served as an intern to Justice Sonia Sotomayor at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit during her nomination and confirmation process to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2011, cum laude, CALI Award – Constitutional Law I: The Federal System
- B.A., University of Virginia, 2004, Echols Scholar
- Intern to the Honorable Sonia Sotomayor, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Intern to the Honorable Robert D. Sack, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Intern to the Honorable Richard J. Leon, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- Fashion Designers: Legally Naked?, Law360, February 21, 2012
Art Law Gallery Blog Articles
- "Appropriate Appropriation: Second Circuit Holds That Commentary on Original Work Unnecessary for Fair Use Defense, Only Transformative Quality Required," April 29, 2013
- "Cherchez les Catalogues Raisonné," December 15, 2011
- "Artist Resale Royalties--New Cases under California Law," October 26, 2011
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Articles
- "New York High Court Holds That State Blue Sky Law Does Not Preempt Common Law Claims Involving Securities," January 4, 2012
Fashion and Apparel Law Blog Articles
- "Jovani Fashion, Ltd. v. Fiesta Fashions: Second Circuit Finds Dress Designer's Copyright Claim Weak at the Seams," November 29, 2012
- "Second Circuit Digs Its Heels Into Louboutin Dispute; Finds "Red Sole" Trademark Protectable, But Limited in Scope," September 19, 2012
- "Louis Vuitton Achieves Genuine Victory Over Flea Market's Phony Sales," March 26, 2012
- "Valentino Receives Favorable TTAB Ruling in Sixteen-Year Trademark Dispute," August 2, 2010
Intellectual Property Law Blog Articles
- "Gucci's Attempt to Extend Trademark Infringement Liability to Credit Card Merchant Service Providers Survives Motion to Dismiss," June 30, 2010
New York Commercial Division Round-Up Blog Articles
- "Commercial Division Denies Oral Modification and Grants Summary Judgment in Lieu of Complaint," December 17, 2012
- "Looking to Plain Language of Contract, First Department Grounds Concessionaire's Hopes for Rights at JFK Airport," August 13, 2012
- "Commercial Division Rules on Enforceability of Liquidated Damages Clauses," February 13, 2012
New York Law Journal Articles
- "Is the Tide Turning Against Secured Creditors?" June 28, 2010