- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2000, Technical Editor, Computer & High Technology Law Journal
- A.B., University of California, Berkeley, 1995
Mr. Dommer is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Palo Alto office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Dommer has significant experience working with corporate investors, venture capital funds and software, digital media and hardware companies through all stages of growth. He counsels his clients on a wide range of corporate and intellectual property transactions, including venture capital investments, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, entity formation, equity compensation plans, and licensing of intellectual property. Mr. Dommer has represented venture capital and corporate investors including Samsung Ventures, NGEN Partners, Hanwha, and NEA.
Representative Private Company Financing Transactions
- Represented venture capital arms of multi-billion dollar foreign conglomerates in strategic investment transactions.
- Represented leading venture capital investors in their investments in the $30 million Series E Preferred Stock financing of a leading supplier of CPV systems.
- Represented leading provider of mobile banking solutions in its $18 million Series E Preferred Stock financing and $20 million Series D Preferred Stock financing with investments from venture capital arms of multi-billion dollar companies and venture capital firms.
- Represented clean-tech venture capital investor in multiple debt and equity financing transactions with values between $5 million and $20 million.
- Represented maker of audience-based solution for online advertising markets in its $20 million Series B Preferred Stock financing with investment from top-tier venture capital firms.
Representative Private Company M&A Transactions
- Represented mFoundry in its acquisition by FIS Global (NYSE: FIS) valued at over $160M.
- Represented U.S.-based maker of optical communication sensors and components in its acquisition by a Chinese electronics conglomerate.
- Represented the maker of internet and mobile casino/arcade style games and virtual currency game platform in its acquisition by IGT (NYSE:IGT), a leading provider of computerized gaming equipment, software, and network systems.
- Represented start-up companies in acquisitions by leading technology companies, including Google, LinkedIn, and Salesforce.
- Represented Atria Genetics, a maker of molecular diagnostics products, in its $33 million acquisition by Celera.
- Represented France-based maker of bioprocess storage systems in its acquisition of a leading U.S.-based supplier of controlled freeze-thaw technology to the biopharmaceutical industry.
Representative Intellectual Property, Commercial Debt & Other Commercial Transactions
- Represented clients in negotiation and completion of credit facilities with commercial lenders.
- Represented the maker of software for creating engineering applications in its exclusive license of technology from multinational Nasdaq 100 software company and cross-border acquisition of related business operations.
- Represented revenue management software company in license transactions with customers in the technology, life sciences and pharmaceutical industries.
- Moderator, "Digital Media Venture Capital," Stanford's Legal Frontiers In Digital Media
- Moderator, "Structuring Your Seed Round," SVForum's CXO Forum
- Moderator, "Negotiating Venture Capital Term Sheets," SVForum's CXO Forum
- Founders SpaceMarch 12, 2014
- Santa Clara County Bar Association