Tobin M. DommerTEL: 650.815.2674
379 Lytton Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Tobin M. DommerPrint PDF
Mr. Dommer is a special counsel in the Corporate practice group in the firm's Palo Alto office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Dommer represents businesses, entrepreneurs and investors in a wide range of corporate and intellectual property matters, including venture capital investments, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, entity formation, equity compensation plans, and licensing of intellectual property. His practice emphasizes high technology and emerging growth companies, including venture capital funds and software, digital media and hardware companies.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2000, Technical Editor, Computer & High Technology Law Journal
- A.B., University of California, Berkeley, 1995
Representative Private Company Financing Transactions
- Represented venture capital arms of multi-billion dollar foreign conglomerates in strategic investment transactions.
- Represented venture capital investors in their investments in the $30 million Series E Preferred Stock financing of a leading supplier of CPV systems.
- Represented leading provider of mobile banking solutions in its $18 million Series E Preferred Stock financing and $20 million Series D Preferred Stock financing with investments from venture capital arms of multi-billion dollar companies and venture capital firms.
- Represented clean-tech venture capital investor in multiple debt and equity financing transactions with values between $5 million and $20 million.
- Represented maker of audience-based solution for online advertising markets in its $20 million Series B Preferred Stock financing with investment from top-tier venture capital firms.
Representative Private Company M&A Transactions
- Represented U.S.-based maker of optical communication sensors and components in its acquisition by a Chinese electronics conglomerate.
- Represented the maker of internet and mobile casino/arcade style games and virtual currency game platform in its acquisition by IGT (NYSE:IGT), a leading provider of computerized gaming equipment, software, and network systems.
- Represented start-up companies in acquisitions by Google, LinkedIn, and Salesforce, among others.
- Represented Atria Genetics, a maker of molecular diagnostics products, in its $33 million acquisition by Celera.
- Represented France-based maker of bioprocess storage systems in its acquisition of a leading U.S.-based supplier of controlled freeze-thaw technology to the biopharmaceutical industry.
Representative Intellectual Property, Commercial Debt & Other Commercial Transactions
- Represented clients in negotiation and completion of credit facilities with commercial lenders.
- Represented the maker of software for creating engineering applications in its exclusive license of technology from Adobe and cross-border acquisition of related business operations.
- Represented revenue management software company in license transactions with customers in the technology, life sciences and pharmaceutical industries.