- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2006, cum laude
- Ph.D., University of California, San Diego, 2003
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1997, highest honors
- Intern to the Honorable Naomi Reice Buchwald, United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- Intern in the United States Attorney’s Office, Civil Division, Southern District of New York
- Northern and Central Districts of California
Tenaya Rodewald is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Palo Alto office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Rodewald’s practice focuses on litigation and counseling related to intellectual property, technology and online businesses, including copyright, patent and trademark litigation, and First Amendment and privacy law.
Ms. Rodewald has experience in complex intellectual property and commercial litigation, including patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret litigation, unfair competition and consumer class-action litigation. She has represented online music and video distributors, computer hardware manufacturers, a major motion picture studio, a leading toy manufacturer and a leading publishing company in litigation in state and federal court. Ms. Rodewald also advises clients on legal issues related to privacy, copyright and online content distribution, and advocates for clients’ First Amendment rights.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Ms. Rodewald was an associate at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart and Sullivan LLP and at a boutique litigation firm in Los Angeles. Ms. Rodewald was a judicial intern for the Honorable Naomi Reice Buchwald, Southern District of New York, and an intern in the United States Attorney’s Office, Civil Division, Southern District of New York. Ms. Rodewald earned a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the University of California, San Diego in 2003.
- Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, January 2012
Social Media Law Blog Posts
- "Proposed California Legislation Would Limit and Possibly Punish Non-Disparagement Clauses in Online Consumer Contracts," April 28, 2014
Venture Law and Video Game Law Blog Posts
- "Begin at the Beginning, Go on until You Reboot, and then… (Silicon Valley – Season 3 Finale)," July 1, 2016
- "Pied Piper Is Like Empty Tables, and Empty Chairs (Silicon Valley – Episode 27)," June 27, 2016
- "…And The Unicorn You Rode In On (Silicon Valley – Episode 26)," June 17, 2016
- "Legal Issues Regarding Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Companies Happy Times, High Crimes and Misdemeanors (Silicon Valley – Episode 25)," June 10, 2016
- "Big Head, Big Dreams, Big Mistake?," May 27, 2016
- "Laurie & Monica Out-Action Jack…and Other Fiduciary Duties (Silicon Valley – Episode 22)," May 20, 2016
- "Trade Secrets and Lies (Silicon Valley – Episode 21), " May 13, 2016
- "Jack’s Box (Silicon Valley – Episode 20)," May 6, 2016
- "Success Is Not Always Founder Friendly (Silicon Valley – Episode 19)," April 29, 2016
- "The Days of the Vultures (Silicon Valley - Season 2 Finale)," June 22, 2015
- "Rogue Witnesses (Silicon Valley, Episode 17)," June 12, 2015
- "Board Games (Silicon Valley, Episode 16)," June 5, 2015
- "Other Peoples’ (Adult) Content (Episode 15)," May 29, 2015
- “‘Say it ain’t so, bro!’ (Episode 14)," May 22, 2015
- "VC’s running scared – Hooli is suing Pied Piper (Episodes 9 and 10) continued," May 18, 2015
- "VC’s running scared – Hooli is suing Pied Piper (Episodes 9 and 10)," May 15, 2015