- J.D., University of San Diego, 2013, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif, Academic Grant, Academic Achievement Scholarship; Executive Editor, San Diego International Law Review
- B.S., Princeton University
- Extern for the Honorable Jeffrey T. Miller, United States District Judge for the Southern District of California, August 2012 to December 2012
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic Law Clerk, Sierra Club, January 2012 to May 2012
- Innovation Law Clerk, CONNECT, September 2011 to December 2011
- Law Clerk, Mandour & Associates, September 2011 to December 2011
Whitney Barton is an associate in the Tax Practice Group in the San Diego (Del Mar) office of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter, & Hampton LLP. As a member of the firm’s Closely-Held Businesses team, Ms. Barton focuses on entity structuring for complex limited liability companies and represents investors in all facets of real estate investments. She assists clients with individual wealth, gift, estate and generation-skipping planning on the transfer of closely-held business interests and other family assets. She also advises on charitable giving and obtaining tax-exempt status for private foundations and public charities.
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association