- M.S., Northeastern University, 2004
- LL.M, Franklin Pierce Law Center, 2001
- LL.B., Tsinghua University, China, 1999
- B.S., Tsinghua University, China, 1998
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Will Chen is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Silicon valley office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Chen is experienced in patent litigation, client counseling, opinion writing, and the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in a range of technologies, including telecommunications, networking, electronic circuitry, semiconductor devices, MEMS devices, software, and medical devices. He has also conducted intellectual property due diligence reviews for financing transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Chen frequently speaks at conferences and seminars in China on a variety of IP issues, including U.S. patent litigation, portfolio management, and due diligence.
- Defended multiple networking companies in a patent infringement litigation involving network switches and routers and successfully settled for the defendants
- Represented BCD Semi of Shanghai, China, in a complex patent infringement litigation involving power supply products and successfully settled the case.
- Manages patent portfolios and provides counseling on IP issues for many high-tech companies in China.
- Counsels several high-tech companies in Silicon Valley on IP issues.
- Author, "U.S. Patent Litigation Strategy," China IP News, Jan. 13, 2016.
- Coauthor, "Recent Key Developments on Enforcement of Standard-Essential
- Patents in U.S. Courts," China IP Magazine, April 5, 2015.
- "Post Grant Proceedings," Faren Magazine, Dec. 2013.
- Coauthor, "Summary of After Final Consideration Pilot," China IP News, Aug. 2, 2013.
- Coauthor, "Enforcing Revolutionary Product Design in the U.S. Market," China IP News, June 12, 2013.
- Coauthor, "The Golden Design Patent," China IP News, May 8, 2013.
- Coauthor, "How to Expedite Examination in the U.S.," China IP Magazine, Feb. 2013.
- Coauthor, "U.S. Patent-Law Reform Update," China IP News, Dec. 2009.
- Coauthor, "Inventor Employee Agreement Under U.S. Law," Electronic IP Rights, June 2009.
- Law360, March 25, 2016