Foreign Language Bio
- J.D., University of Chicago
- B.A., University of Wisconsin, Madison
Will Chuchawat is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office and is the Team Leader of the firm's M&A team. He does M&A, all day, every day. He represents clients in all industries, including A&D (where he heads the industry team), TMT, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, food and beverage and consumer.
Mr. Chuchawat is one of Law360's Top Attorneys in the Nation Under 40.
The M&A Advisor named in one of the "40 Under 40" in the West, which includes: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, KS, ND, NE, NM, NV, OR, OK, SD, TX, UT, WA, and WY. The M&A Advisor made their selections from a pool of not just attorneys, but everyone in the M&A and turnaround space, which included private equity professionals, bankers, consultants, accountants, money managers, etc.
The Daily Journal named him one of the top 20 attorneys under 40 in California.
The Recorder named him one of the 50 Lawyers on the Fast Track in California.
Mr. Chuchawat is an advisor to public and private companies in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, Chinese investment, corporate finance and general business matters. In addition, he advises clients in the areas of franchise law, corporate trust, indenture trustee and public finance.
Mr. Chuchawat has particular expertise in the aerospace & defense, technology, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing and consumer industries.
- Most Influential Minority Lawyers in Los Angeles, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2016
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Legal 500, 2015, 2016
- Law360 Mergers & Acquisitions Editorial Advisory Board
- M&A Deal of the Year Award, The M&A Advisor
- 2014 Law360's Top Attorneys in the Nation Under 40
- Rising Star: Sheppard Mullin's Will Chuchawat, Law360, May 8, 2014
- 2013 Lawyers on the Fast Track, The Recorder, 2013
- Top 20 Under 40, Daily Journal, February 27, 2013
- Partner Will Chuchawat (LA) was named one of the "40 Under 40 West" by The M&A Advisor on April 13, 2012. This award covers the West Region which includes: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, KS, ND, NE, NM, NV, OR, OK, SD, TX, UT, WA, and WY. The M&A Advisor made their selections from a pool of not just attorneys, but everyone in the M&A and turnaround space, which included private equity professionals, bankers, consultants, accountants, money managers, etc. The winners were chosen for their accomplishments and expertise by a panel of distinguished business leaders.
- Southern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2012-2016
- 5 Associates to Watch, Daily Journal, January 12, 2011
- Public and private mergers and acquisitions representing buyers, sellers and investment advisors
- Negotiated and closed many successful cross-border transactions involving China
- Private placements of equity and debt securities
- Negotiation and counseling in a number of commercial business and financial transactions
- Public and private offerings of various types of tax-exempt bonds and certificates of participation
- Represented Histogen Inc. in connection with a $6 million private equity investment from Pineworld Capital Ltd., an affiliate of Huapont Life Sciences
- Represented Bison Capital in numerous investments and exits
- Represented Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co. and Fosun Industrial Co., Ltd. in connection with numerous financings
- Represented GenCorp Inc. (NYSE: GY) in its acquisition of substantially all operations of the Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne business from United Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTX)
- Represented United Therapies Holding, LLC in the sale of all of the membership interests of its wholly-owned subsidiary, UTH Holdco, LLC to HealthTronics, Inc.
- Represented Wheel Group Holdings, LLC in its sale of Preferred Units to SEP V TWG Holdings
- Represented Spencer Forrest, Inc. (d/b/a Toppik) in its sale of stock to Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- Represented Benchmark Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: BHE) in its acquisition of SCS Secure Holdings LLC
- Represented an affiliate of Celerity Partners in its purchase of preferred units of 360 PT Management, LLC
- Represented Sellers in the Redemption of their Membership Interests in Ad Exchange Group, LLC
- Represented the Members of Mobile Motion, LLC in the sale of their membership interests to COMEXPOSIUM US, LLC.
- Represented Axio Data Hedgeco Ltd in the sale of its subsidiary, Breakbulk Holdco UK Ltd, to ITE Group PLC
- Represented AMPAM Parks Mechanical, Inc. in its acquisition of assets from AEC Factory, Inc., a privately-held company.
- Represented Aerojet Rocketdyne of DE, Inc., a privately-held subsidiary of GenCorp, Inc., in the sale of its concentrated solar power business to SolarReserve, LLC
- Represented Trio Engineered Products, Inc. in its sale to The Weir Group
- Represented Jenu Biosciences, LLC in its acquisition of the assets of Jenu Biosciences, Inc.
- Represented All Aboard America! Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of the shares of Sureride Charter, Inc. dba Sun Diego Charter Company, a simultaneous equity investment by the existing shareholders and related financing transaction
- Represented Quench, LLC and Brent Hocking in a sale of substantially all assets to DC Brands B.V., a joint venture between Diageo PLC (LSE: DGE, NYSE: DEO) and Combs Enterprises, LLC
- Represented Sunny Optics in its acquisition of Mead Instruments Corp. (Nasdaq: MEAD)
- Represented Trinity Pacific Limited, 1 East West Limited and Robert Lin in an exchange of all membership interests in 1 East West Limited
- Represented Celerity Partners IV, LLC and its subsidiary in its acquisition of Meridien Research, Inc. and Insearch.Net Inc. and related acquisition financing
- Represented Northrop Grumman Corporation in a wide range of corporate matters and M&A
- Represented Tree.com (NASDAQ: TREE) in connection with its acquisitions and divestitures
- Represented Rizvi Traverse in the take private of Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
- Represented TaylorMade-adidas in its acquisition of then-publicly traded Ashworth Inc.
- Represented Playboy Enterprises, Inc. in various corporate matters
- Represented Autosplice, Inc. in connection with its sale to Whitney
- Represented Expedia.com (NASDAQ: EXPE) in its acquisition of online travel media company Smarter Living, Inc.
- Represented Dah Mei Label Group in its sale to Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY)
- Represented Barrington Associates in its sale of its investment advisory business to Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC)
- Represented Safeguard Scientifics (NYSE: SFE) in its sale of portfolio company Pacific Title & Art Studio
- Represented Countrywide Home Loans, Inc. (NYSE: CFC) in its acquisition of assets from American Home Mortgage Corporation
- Represented U.S. Bank (NYSE: USB) in various matters as indenture trustee in bond default matters
- Represented Two Elk Generation Partners in the issuance of aggregate $354,300,000 Tax-Exempt Variable Rate Industrial Development Revenue Bonds
- Represented CALPLY in its sale of its wholesale building material distribution business to L&W Supply Corporation (NYSE: USG)
- Represented Custom Leathercraft in its recapitalization with Stephens Capital Partners
- Represented Maly’s of California in its sale of assets to L’Oreal USA
- China Investment, June 6, 2009
- China Investment, April 2009
- 21st Century Business Herald, March 2, 2009
- China Business Focus, September 1, 2008
- Oriental Morning Post, July 26, 2008
- Oriental Morning Post, July 19, 2008
- Oriental Morning Post, July 12, 2008
- Oriental Morning Post, July 5, 2008
- China Legal Review
China Law Blog Posts
- "What Your M&A Attorney Should be Telling You,"ALB Shanghai In-House Legal Summit 2016, June 23, 2016
- "What Your M&A Attorney Should be Telling You?," Association of Corporate Counsel, 2014
- Corporate Counsel Presentation, Association of Corporate Counsel, 2013
- "Don't Call it Boilerplate," Association of Corporate Counsel - SoCal, August 2012
- Los Angeles Bioscience Advisory Panel, County of Los Angeles