- J.D. George Washington University Law School, 1985
- B.A., State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1982, with Honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
Brian Sweeney is a special counsel in the Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Mr. Sweeney has broad experience in all aspects of federal procurement law, including administrative and court litigation, costs, pricing and accounting issues, bid protests, procurement fraud investigations, compliance and self-governance programs, claims, and counseling. He joins Sheppard Mullin from Aerojet Rocketdyne, Inc., a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader in the areas of missile and space propulsions and munitions and armaments, where he served as Vice President and General Counsel. During his nineteen-year tenure at Aerojet, Mr. Sweeney headed up the International Trade Compliance, Contracts, and Ethics & Compliance organizations, and served as Chief Legal Officer.
- National Defense, April 2017
- The Recorder, March 1, 2017
- Presented by Sheppard Mullin and PwCSheppard Mullin Del Mar, August 1, 2017