Harrison Schafer is a staff attorney in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office. He is a Privacy and Cybersecurity Fellow and a member of the Privacy and Cybersecurity Team. He is a certified information privacy professional (CIPP/E and CIPP/US) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Areas of Practice
As a fellow, Harrison’s practice focuses on publishing articles covering relevant legal developments in the privacy and cybersecurity space to provide clients with practical insight. He also advises clients on matters related to data processing and security.
Harrison’s previous experience includes roles as a privacy regulator for a state agency and within a large consulting firm advising clients on their data governance and privacy programs.
Privacy Law Blog Posts
- "California Enacts New Privacy Law for Genetic Data," October 12, 2021
- "California Bill Clarifies Timing for CPRA Rulemaking Authority," October 8, 2021
- "Impact of NYC’s New Delivery Service Data Sharing Requirement," September 29, 2021
- "FTC Surveillance App Settlement Signals Concern Over Deceptive Tracking," September 22, 2021
- "NYDFS FAQ Provides Clarity on Breach Notification and Security Requirements," September 21, 2021