Anahita (Ana) Anvari is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Century City office and is a member of the firm’s healthcare practice team.
Areas of Practice
Ana represents clients in the health care industry through business and transactional matters, including mergers & acquisitions and corporate governance. She advises clients on regulatory compliance under federal and state law, including licensure and fraud and abuse compliance. She also guides clients through health privacy issues, including HIPAA.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Ana worked as an associate in the healthcare group of the Philadelphia office of a large law firm. Prior to law school, she worked in operations at both the provider and payor level.
- ABA Health eSource, 09.28.2022
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "CMS Promotes Competition, Transparency, Health Equity and More in the CY2025 Medicare Advantage and Part D Proposed Rule," November 13, 2023
- "New OIG Opinion Permits Gift Cards to Beneficiaries in Limited Circumstances," May 11, 2023
- "Web Tracking Creates a Web of Data Privacy Risks," February 8, 2023
- "CMS Announces Strategy on Value-Based Payments for Specialty Care," December 12, 2022
- "COVID-19 Impacts and Outcomes on Hospital Margins in 2021: Increased Activity in Hospital Transactions in 2022?," January 10, 2022
Privacy Law Blog Posts
- "FDA Joins Other Regulators in Focus on AI and Machine Learning," November 22, 2021
- Panelist, American Health Law Association: “Mentorship – What Works, What Doesn’t, and Where to Begin”
American Health Law Association
California Society of Healthcare Attorneys
Pennsylvania Bar Association
American Bar Association
Iranian American Bar Association
J.D., Pennsylvania State University Dickinson Law, 2020, Cum Laude, Woolsack Honor Society; Senior Editor, Dickinson Law Review
M.B.A., Brandman University, 2016
B.S., California State University, Long Beach, 2015
- Farsi (Persian)